Cloth Diapering

Newborn size CDs

How long did you use them for before you have to buy a bigger size? How old was your LO before he/she starts to fit into OS diapers?
TTC Since 01/09
Unexplained IF
Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn size CDs

• LO is almost 6 weeks old, and we're still solidly in newborn dipes. He was 6lbs 11oz at birth, and 8 lbs 11oz last Tuesday. Really it depends on how big your LO is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My boy is 2.5 weeks and has already grown out of a few of his smallest NB dipes, and I've unsnapped a couple already as well, like his KL0s. He's not a big boy, he was 8lbs 2oz at birth and about 9lbs now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Will is 9.5 weeks and we are still in nb cloth.  All that he has outgrown is a BG AIO XS and a Bummis XS cover.  All of our GMD prefolds still fit, the Thirsties covers, RAR cover, FB small and Thirsties pocket dipe all fit great.  Will was 7lbs 8 oz and 19 inches at birth and most of his dipes were too big.  
  • Around 8 weeks, we moved into bigger prefolds and Sbish snapless.  She was maybe 9 lbs at that point and she was 6.12 at birth.
    image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • I had a 9 pound baby.  She reached 10-11 pounds by one month and I was able to start OS.  I still mostly did the smalls I had bought.  I started CDing after she was born, so I already knew I didn't need to build a huge NB stash.  For the next one I think it is worth it even if I get another big baby.
  • LO was 6lbs 9 oz at birth and now, at almost 8 weeks, is about 9.5 lbs.  He outgrew BG XS & Lil Joeys at about 5 weeks, but that was more an absorbency issue than a fit.  He's also pretty much outgrown my GMD NB orange-edge prefolds, but I can trifold them (and they were seconds, so were a little smaller anyway).

We're still using Grovia NBs, KL0s, and Thirsties XS covers, but he's also fitting into BG 4.0s & Elementals, Sbish smalls and snapless.  We have FB Smalls, but they're too big around his legs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• We are still able to use the NB Kissaluvs at five weeks and fit well into FB OS with the elastic at four..however the FB perfect size small is too big in the legs!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks all for the input!
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board