Austin Babies
Options

clicky poll for moms of 2+

Just doing unofficial testing of a theory I have.[Poll]

Re: clicky poll for moms of 2+

• Options
    You know my answer, but I wanted to add that my sister has 2 kids and they're the same gender also. 
  • Options
    I have zero kids (I just like to see clicky polls), but I will say that less than 10% of my good friends and family members with 2+ kids have children of different genders.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i voted, even though im still three weeks away :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have 2 kids of different genders but was curious of the theory.
  • Options

imagemisjenn:
    I have 2 kids of different genders but was curious of the theory.

My theory is that most people will have subsequent children the same gender as their first.  I don't know why I have this theory but it seems like maybe 60-70% of the people I know with 2+ kids have same-gender children. 

• Options
    Someone told me a few months ago that you had a 60% chance of having a second the same gender as your first and that the % keeps going up with subsequent children. I never bothered to look it up, but I think I'll ask my OB next week. I'll report back what she says.
  • Options
    I didn't vote, obviously, but my sister has two girls, one SIL has two boys, and another SIL has three boys. Scariest yet is that DH's stepdad is one of SIX boys!
    Business Cat. image
  • Options
    my MIL (cnm) told me once there was an 80% chance of the same gender for a third child once you have two of the same gender.  no idea if that is accurate or just anecdotal, but it seems true for us :)
  • Options
    This is an interesting little compilation of data on the topic.
  • Options

imageMrs.Froggianna:
    This is an interesting little compilation of data on the topic.

That makes my brain hurt.  I like my way of testing the theory better.  Wink 

• Options

My playgroup jokes that we are all under the "playgroup curse" because we all got pregnant with #2 at the same time and every single one of us had a second child of the same gender as the first. Now one girl is pregnant with #3 and it's a third girl.

I am quite honestly terrified for my future. We definitely want four but I think I might need like a second refrigerator and maybe my own personal cow to feed them all unless I can lift the "curse". Stick out tongue 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsMillerTime:

My theory is that most people will have subsequent children the same gender as their first.  I don't know why I have this theory but it seems like maybe 60-70% of the people I know with 2+ kids have same-gender children. 

Obviously we're the minority with a b/g combo, but I totally agree - of my IRL friends with 2 kids, I'd say less than 20% have one of each sex.  It seems even more likely to have the same sex when they're born close together.

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

interesting. I must know all the exceptions. of the peeps I regularly hung with,out of 11, there were 4 with the same sex and 7 with b/g.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageRach03k:

I am quite honestly terrified for my future. We definitely want four but I think I might need like a second refrigerator and maybe my own personal cow to feed them all unless I can lift the "curse". Stick out tongue 

This was my MIL. She had 4 boys with only about six years between the oldest and the youngest. Indifferent My cousin has 3 girls and their going for the 4th and hoping for a boy but chances are they will have another girl. 4 girls is just as scary as 4 boys especially for their daddy who would  end up out-numbered 5-1.
  • Options
    Now that you say it, I was joking to DH the other day about all the couples here that we know having the same gender kiddos, with the exception of one family that has 2 boys and 2 girls (born girl, boy, girl, boy).  However, of my extended family, my sister and I are the only set of same-sex siblings.  Hmm...
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"