February 2011 Moms

Anyone's LO still not falling asleep on their own?

DS used to fall asleep on his own when he was swaddled, but now that he's not, it's a rarity. Sometimes he wants to be rocked, sometimes he wants to be swung, or rocked in the carseat, or bounced, or fed, or patted....there is no pattern. It's so frustrating. We even bought one of those music projector things, and it doesn't really work either. Am I alone in this? Does everyone have LO's who fall asleep on their own?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone's LO still not falling asleep on their own?

• L never does.  Never has.  I have to rock her for naps and either use the vacuum or shush to get her to sleep as well.  Someday I figure she'll be out on her own, but for now I guess I'm just used to her not.  H can get her down without rocking for bedtime, but he has to rub her back and have her on my pillow to do it.  I credit the fact that she doesn't want to miss anything to being hard to put to sleep
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Mine still needs to be rocked to sleep all the time. I get a lot of looks and comments from family members at this point. Its a habit id like to break but i dont know why it bothers people so much. I am using the no cry sleep solution to wean her from it but its a sloooow process.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • sometimes ds will, most times i can bounce with him on a yoga ball for a few mins until he is drowsy and he'll fall asleep once he is in his bed, other times i have to wait til he's lightly asleep to put him down. a couple miraculous times i put him down awake and he went to sleep in minutes.
    tears in heaven. 5.21.09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine does.  He has since 4 months old.  It's totally because I'm a miracle parent and I know everything.

Or it's because I bought this thing that is basically a Baby Pink Floyd Laser Light Show.  He'll lay in his crib and stare at it forever until he finally dozes off.  He still cries a little but he's so mesmorized, it doesn't last long and then he passes out.  GENIUS. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fisher-Price-2-in-1-Projection-Crib-Mobile-Precious-Planet/10543151?adid=bzv_fb_revshr_001

If you want to read the hell I went through to buy it, read my blog entry.  Someone at Wal-Mart almost died.

https://tigerpee.blogspot.com/2011/05/wal-mart-is-stupid.html

• I should amend this.  I noticed you said you bought one of these already and that it wasn't working.

For the first week, I had to do two things before it worked.  1) let him get super drowsy while I was holding him but NOT fall all the way asleep.  2)  let him cry it out.  It sucked.  It royally sucked but it paid off in the end. 

That said, I didn't let him scream forever.  I would go in about every 5 minutes or so and pat his belly and give him his pacifier.  He eventually fell asleep without feeling like I was abandoning him.  It's work but it does pay off after a few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"