Pregnant after 35
Options

What is the norm with your o/b

for number of

pelvic exams

ultrasounds

visits - when does it change to every two weeks and every week

what happens you your months/weekly visit

For me - first visit was a preconception physical. Full pelvic exam/pap smear. He said that it is best to just stay out once conception occurs. I had a dating u/s at week 10, attempted the NT scan, and will have an anatomy scan this week.

I am still only going in once/4 or 5 weeks. At each appointment the nurse weighs me, takes my bp. Then see ob where I ask any questions and he listens with the doppler. That's about it. Oh and of course I get forms for more bloodwork :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What is the norm with your o/b

• Options
    steverstever member
    imageCountingUp:
    I lurk on this board, but am over 35 and here was my experience with DS

for number of

pelvic exams - 1 at the beginning as I needed a pap. Started internals at 35 weeks because I was crampy but they would have waited an extra few weeks to start if I wasn't cramping.

ultrasounds - 6. 8 weeks for dating, 12 weeks for NT, 18 weeks for anatomy scan, 25 weeks at peri to check DS's heart,  26 weeks because I was at a new doc and they wanted to check things out for themselves, 41 weeks to check fluid levels.

visits - when does it change to every two weeks and every week - I think we went to ever 2 weeks at 30-32 weeks and every week at 36 weeks.

what happens you your months/weekly visit - Do you mean what happened at my appts? weight, BP, pee in a cup, ute measurement and doppler.

For me - first visit was a preconception physical. Full pelvic exam/pap smear. He said that it is best to just stay out once conception occurs. I had a dating u/s at week 10, attempted the NT scan, and will have an anatomy scan this week.

I am still only going in once/4 or 5 weeks. At each appointment the nurse weighs me, takes my bp. Then see ob where I ask any questions and he listens with the doppler. That's about it. Oh and of course I get forms for more bloodwork :)

• Options

pelvic exams

I didn't need one at the start of this pg bc I had one in December with my doc who is also my gyn. He does another one in the 3rd tri to test form GBS.

ultrasounds

He did a dating u/s at 1st appt (8 weeks), then I went for 1st tri screening and a/s. Normally that would be it until late in 3rd tri if needed but I am high risk so I have to go to Maternal Fetal Medicine starting at 24 wks for monthly growth scans.

visits - when does it change to every two weeks and every week

I think I switched last time at around 28 or 30 weeks. I think every week starts at 38 weeks but I only made it to 36 weeks last time.

what happens you your months/weekly visit

I get weighted, provide a urine sample and get my BP checked. The nurse goes over anything I need to get done in btwn visits (like bloodwork or glucose test) and then the OB comes in. He listens with a doppler and asks if I have questions. Then he goes over anything again he feels is important.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Usually have BP checked, urine specimen, wgt, and heart beat.  Ive had glucose test, and blood work twice.  Ive had probably 4 u/s.  Im 33 wks.  Will start cervical checks on 8/3   :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"