Illinois Babies
Options

Neighborhood Parents Network

Hey Chicago-

I friend mentioned Neighborhood Parents Network. Is it work the $45 a year?

I live in the South Loop, and it seems like more Chicago parents sites are focused on the North Side neighborhood.

thoughts? 

Re: Neighborhood Parents Network

• Options

Yes, definitely worth it. NPN is getting much more parent involvement from the South Loop and other South Side cities than ever before. There is an active South Loop and West Town neighborhood group that operates through NPN. Also, for example, in conjunction with South Side Parents they are putting on a South Side school fair on September 24th. You can view the calendar and all of their social and neighborhood groups without being a member. Also I think the blog posts are available to the public.

• Options
    MrsHTMrsHT member

How does this work?  If there isn't a "group" for your general area, would you just join the group that is near you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its worth it for the message boards alone I think.  The new mom group that I went to actually met at a member's home near the medical district and the other moms were from all over.
    BFP 4/23/09. D&E 7/17/09 16W5D. BFP #2 3/10/10. EDD 11/15/10 Babycakes was born 11/5/10! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's totally worth it.  I joined NPN before moving to Chicago from the east coast, and I found it to be an invaluable resource.  I use it to find anything from restaurant recommendations to pediatrician recs to preschool advice.  I've also used it to meet other moms in the area for playgroups.  Like a pp mentioned, the message forum is great and has tons of advice for Chicago parents.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageTarastar33:

Hey Chicago-

I friend mentioned Neighborhood Parents Network. Is it work the $45 a year?

I live in the South Loop, and it seems like more Chicago parents sites are focused on the North Side neighborhood.

thoughts? 

I live in the South loop also, what is network your talking about? Can you give more info?

Thanks 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm a mom with an 8-week old in the West Loop and just joined NPN. I attended one of their events before I had my baby and really liked it. I've found the forums to be a great resource for searching for a nanny or just general baby questions.

I'm hoping there will eventually be a South Loop/West Loop neighborhood group. I asked the director about it, but she told me right now the closest is the West Town group.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"