September 2011 Moms
Options

***UNpopular Opinion Thursday!***

13»

Re: ***UNpopular Opinion Thursday!***

• Options
    imageLaceface7:

I actually have a few today!

1. Senetor Tom Coburn is trying to pass a bill to help pay off the National deficit......at the expense of Federal employees. As a federal emplyee this infuriates me. It is a NATIONAL defict and should be paid of by the majority of the NATION! Not a certain percentage of it's American workers. This is the article that I read yesterday that set me off. If you want to talk about it or debate it or just put your 2 cents in about it feel free to start another post see we don't end up with a mass daisy chain on the UO post. :)

https://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=48285&dcn=e_gvet

2. I think Sketchers Shape Ups are stupid looking

3. I had another one but Pregnancy brain has stolen it from me......this is a very real thing..... :(

1)  I'm totally with you - government employees should not have to take the burden for the whole country's problem.

I work for my state, and we have had a shitton of furlough days over the past two years in an effort to balance our state budget.  It's ridiculous.  And all the time that I'm being made to work for free, we have to listen to the retards (yeah, I said it, flame away) on our talk radio saying how useless state workers are and how we deserve to have to work for free.   Are you shitting me?  Do you like driving?  Thank a state worker for keeping your roads nice.  Do you like your kickass state parks and beaches?  Thanks all the state workers that keep them open and clean for you.  I could go on and on and on.  Government employment is so effing thankless, and the people in our state completely hate us.  Our local media doesn't help by doing news pieces about the couple of state workers who really are useless, so then everyone attributes that to all of us.  How about you showcase some of the hundreds and hundreds of people who are busting their asses every day to keep the damn state running, for crappy pay and ever-dwindling benefits.  This topic gets me so fired up. 

2) I also hate those awful shoes.

Mine:

I'm a hypocrite.  I love pregnancy perks, but I hate feeling coddled.  It pisses me off when people tell me that I shouldn't or can't do something because I'm pregnant, even if they don't say it in so many words.  CW/friend has been helping me re-organize my office for the past two days, including moving two bookcases and re-hanging all my stuff on the walls.  Our boss came in at one point and flat out told me that I'm not to be moving any boxes of files or anything, and that my CW/friend better be doing all of it.  I'm not stupid - if something was too heavy for me, my friend handled it, but I can still carry my own files.  Then this morning, my friend said I shouldn't be the one standing on a chair to bang nails into the wall to hang my diplomas.  Grrr.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think UO Thursday and FFFC is what makes people on this board stay *lurkers* or makes them not want to ask questions etc.

Yes the 'is this normal' post - you should be asking your dr,midwife, etc. not us we arent doctors! But the what should I wear to my shower post, what do contractions feel like post, etc. Just dont read if you dont want to. I'm sure we have alot of post in our futures about bloody shows, mucus plugs, nursery pics, let people share. Thats why they are all here.

::Flame Away::

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMereou12:

I thought of this during yesterday's Eye Candy PIP post, and decided to hold off until today....

There's NOTHING attractive about Johnny Depp. He's icky and creepy.

::putting on flame suit!!::

ITA!!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLeahanna21:

I think UO Thursday and FFFC is what makes people on this board stay *lurkers* or makes them not want to ask questions etc.

Yes the 'is this normal' post - you should be asking your dr,midwife, etc. not us we arent doctors! But the what should I wear to my shower post, what do contractions feel like post, etc. Just dont read if you dont want to. I'm sure we have alot of post in our futures about bloody shows, mucus plugs, nursery pics, let people share. Thats why they are all here.

If people want to stay lurkers and not post just because we said the repetitive posts are annoying then they need to grow a pair. Serously its the internet, people shouldn't take things so seriously. And I dont read all the repetitive posts, but it is annoying when every single post on the page is about the same thing.

• Options
    imageamandabt:
    imagePina:
    imagejellybeanmama0929:

I hate when I call my mother, or my sisters, or anyone else I know of who has had a baby and I say something like, "I am having a lot of pressure 'down there' and I am just so uncomfortable. I feel like Jellybean is already trying to bust out of me." Then they respond with, "Wow, you really need to suck it up. I have had x amount of children and I never complained this much." You know what STFU! I am soooooooo sorry that you are perfect and I didn't inherit that trait!

Also, I hate that my mother is still trying to talk me out of pain meds during labor. I don't admit to being superwoman by any means and I want my labor and delivery to be as calm as possible. I don't want to remember it as a time when I thought I was going to die! If she tells me one more time, "I am going to just tell the doctor's that you told me that no matter what you say you don't want the epidural." I am going to punch her in the face. You did it your way...let me do it mine.

Also, (yes it is one of those days) if one more of my sisters or my mother gives me one more piece of unwarranted/unasked for advice I am going to go ape *** on them. Yes, I have Jellybean's coming home outfit picked out and just because it isn't as simple as you would pick it, at the same time, isn't going to kill him. So let it f'ing go! If you notice that I am doing something that is potentially dangerous to my child's well being then tell me but who the f cares if he comes home in a sleeper or a cute onesie with little pants. It isn't your child and I don't need your dumb advice. I will take the advice, process it, and then make my own decision. Did I nag you about how you dressed your kids? NO So leave me alone!  

This is a vent that is a novel, not an UO.  Just saying.

You beat me to this, Pina. I think this will be a "popular" response.

Sorry....I had just gotten off the phone with my mother and was a little annoyed! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imageLeahanna21:

If people want to stay lurkers and not post just because we said the repetitive posts are annoying then they need to grow a pair. Serously its the internet, people shouldn't take things so seriously. And I dont read all the repetitive posts, but it is annoying when every single post on the page is about the same thing.

I agree it's annoying to see alot of the same post but who cares - It's just as annoying to see every FFFC & UO Thursday the same conversations - how annoying the new people are, or seeing the same post, or dont ask us questions ask your DR..

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

imageSusieBW:

Mine:

I'm a hypocrite.  I love pregnancy perks, but I hate feeling coddled.  It pisses me off when people tell me that I shouldn't or can't do something because I'm pregnant, even if they don't say it in so many words.  CW/friend has been helping me re-organize my office for the past two days, including moving two bookcases and re-hanging all my stuff on the walls.  Our boss came in at one point and flat out told me that I'm not to be moving any boxes of files or anything, and that my CW/friend better be doing all of it.  I'm not stupid - if something was too heavy for me, my friend handled it, but I can still carry my own files.  Then this morning, my friend said I shouldn't be the one standing on a chair to bang nails into the wall to hang my diplomas.  Grrr.

Hahaha, this is how I feel too! Today, someone was stuck outside of our office door b/c they didnt have their badge today and kept knocking on the door and NO ONE would go get the door even though there were 4 very capable men within earshot. Finally I got up and mumbled something about FINE MAKE THE PREGNANT WOMAN GET UP and went and got the door. But then my photographer this weekend was over coddling me and saying I couldn't get down and sit on the ground or even climb the rock incline alongside the railroad tracks and I was getting so annoyed with her. So yeah, I'm a hypocrite right there with you!

• Options

In regards to college...I hope my children don't choose to go to our rival school, esp. if they want to study engineering. 

It's just not a great school for engineering, and I am a Clemson fanatic, so sending my kid to the rival school will be tough.  Petty, I know, but unless they're studying something Clemson doesn't offer, I don't see why they need to go to the rival school.  And going to one univeristy because all of your friends are is a poor reason...I know too many people who did. 

• Options
    imageLeahanna21:

ITA!  besides, I always thought  UO and FFFC were intended to be about things IRL.. 

Love the college debate. My parents and I shared my college expenses and I worked my balls off to do good and finish - then end up with a legitimate career.  DH and I have agreed that we will help this LO but she needs to work for it too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageLeahanna21:
    imageamandaloren:
    imageLeahanna21:

I agree it's annoying to see alot of the same post but who cares - It's just as annoying to see every FFFC & UO Thursday the same conversations - how annoying the new people are, or seeing the same post, or dont ask us questions ask your DR..

If people stopped asking, we'd stop complaining.  Wink

• Options
    imageLeahanna21:
    imageamandaloren:
    imageLeahanna21:

I couldn't agree more. As repetitive as some subjects are the vents about new people not following proper posting procedure and telling people what they can and can't post is just as annoying.

September 2011 Mom's Siggy Challenge- Celebrate! imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagelily87:
    imageNYChick:

I'd like to throw in my support for the anti-headband and tutu crew. Those horrible tutus are everywhere now, and they almost make me relieved I'm not having a girl. :/

Re: Johnny Depp. Yes. I like. Does anyone remember Don Juan DeMarco?? Loved that movie!!

Regarding the college thing...I think its a very interesting discussion, and I have a lot to say about it (which I don't have time to write). But I do want to mention that, while I agree that it is a good thing to encourage or require kids to work to help pay for college, I also think that starting them out with a mountain of debt puts them at a ginormous disadvantage and keeps their options very limited when they are sharing the playing field with kids that don't have debt. I would like to instill responsibility in my child, while avoiding the debt, if possible.

Ooh, I hope you didn't read my post as wanting to put LO in debt. We plan to pay for it. I just don't think he needs to know that. Also, when I say I want him to take out a few loans on his own, I mean minimal amt of money, stafford loan with low interest. Like a few thousand dollars or whatever the equivalent will be. If we pay 95% and he pays 5%, I would be happy. I just think that if he pays nothing...he may not value it as much.

Lily87-

I think that makes sense, and I understand why you'd want to do that. I don't think it would be the end o fthe world for my kid to finish college with some debt either.

But I have also seen how crippling debt can limit a young person's choices- e.g., forget the peace corp, or that low-paying but promising internship, etc. 

Right now- I am thinking AP classes, community college summer classes, state school, and SCHOLARSHIPS!

Yes, I realize it is not entirely healthy for me to be thinkign about this with LO still in the womb, but I can't help it!!

• Options
    imageCheryl162:

My parents always instilled in me that scholarships were a must.  That way, no debt!  They had my college fund, but whatever I didn't need for tuition due to scholarships was mine to do what I wanted with.  Between scholarships and part-time jobs, I was able to live in an apartment and have enough left after college to put a small amount towards my wedding the summer after graduating.

That's awesome. If your parents gave a seminar in how to raise kids who have a degree and no debt, I would take it!  Wink

• Options

I love the headbands (not the ridiculously sized ones) and the tutus. They are so cute!

I will not pay for my child's college. I was not given my education, I went into the military to obtain mine. Although, the military is not what I want for my kids either, there are still ways to earn it.

As for my U/Os:

I will not pay for any of my childrens' first vehicles. Or any vehicles for that matter. Get a job and earn it.

I believe in spanking.

• Options

You all are definitely entertaining me this afternoon!

My UO (and I am very thankful I'll never have to deal with this): Some girl clothing is very age inappropriate. The writing on the butt stuff, yes, of course is ridiculous. But really, I can't believe how TINY some of the shorts I see on little girls are these days. What are their parents thinking?  We went to the zoo last week and the little girls in front of us looked like they were wearing panties. And they must have been, I dunno, late elementary / early middle school age? Crazy to me.

• Options
    imageBarefootAndSinging:

My UO (and I am very thankful I'll never have to deal with this): Some girl clothing is very age inappropriate. The writing on the butt stuff, yes, of course is ridiculous. But really, I can't believe how TINY some of the shorts I see on little girls are these days. What are their parents thinking?  We went to the zoo last week and the little girls in front of us looked like they were wearing panties. And they must have been, I dunno, late elementary / early middle school age? Crazy to me.

I agree.  My parents (especially my dad) "inspected" my outfits before I left the house when I got to that age.  They sent me back to change more than once.  I'm going to have to shield my son's eyes!!  Yikes.

• Options
    valzeevalzee member

I'm late to the party today, but I wanted to join the greasy male discussion -- those of you who think Johnny Depp is gross will love this one. I think Criss Angel is absolutely yummy! He's completely douchebaggy, greasy, a total poser and not at all my type, but for some reason I think he's super hot! :-)

• Options

I'm late to the post b/c work has been really crazy today.

My UO:  I don't get the point of a "coming home outfit".  Aren't you just driving from the hospital to your house?  Who in the eff is going to see your LO in the meantime and/or care what your LO is wearing?  Just put him/her in something comfortable and get over it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Henry - Born October 1, 2011 Baby #2 - Due August 30, 2013!
  • Options
    imageBarefootAndSinging:

Exactly.. I have a 9yr old and I wouldn't let her out in the backyard with some of the things I see other little girls wearing. 

My UO... I work in customer service and I absolutely hate the people who can not get to the freaking point.  If you are calling about something- say it, I do not need to hear all the long & boring backstory.. I'm done...

• Options
    imageLeahanna21:

No flames here. I've wanted to say this a hundred times, but I just decided it was a waste of time. I think the whole point of being on this board is to ask questions and commiserate with others in the same situation. Some women are 4 weeks behind others in their pregnancy and by the time they get to ____________ stage or situation, many others have already "been there, done that" and are annoyed to keep hearing it. Well it's new to this person and they deserve to have their questions answered without having to search through 30 pages of posts. Just like the earlier ones deserved to get their questions answered.

Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• Options
    imageksiana:

I love the headbands (not the ridiculously sized ones) and the tutus. They are so cute!

I will not pay for my child's college. I was not given my education, I went into the military to obtain mine. Although, the military is not what I want for my kids either, there are still ways to earn it.

As for my U/Os:

I will not pay for any of my childrens' first vehicles. Or any vehicles for that matter. Get a job and earn it.

I believe in spanking.

Yes PLEASE!

Stick out tongue

• Options
    i have another u/o to go along with the previous FB comments.  This is in no way meant to say anything negative towards stay at home moms, but seriously i have several many SAHM facebook friends who post nothing on their FB other than pics and statuses of their children.  As previously mentioned I don't need a picture of each meal your child eats, each new day they spend in the pool, or pics of them sleeping in strange positions.  It may have been cute once, not the 10th time.  I especially hate the complaints.  In fact that goes for all parents.
  • Options

I find the college topic interesting. I didn't pay for my college, it took 3 parents to help pay for mine. (Mom, Dad, and Step Dad) I am in no way ungrateful for it. I did work in college and had to pay for my water/electric/food/gas/school supplies/etc. My parents paid for my tuition and rent. I also had to sign a contract before going to college. If I failed a class I had to pay to retake it. There were rules I had to follow and my parents had the right to stop paying at any time. I'll do the same with my kids.

With the economy the way it is I don't know what I would do if I had loans right now.  I'm so grateful that I don't. If I were ever to win the lottery the first thing I would do is pay back my parents for paying for my college. 

• Options

Tardy for the Party again dangit...

My UO: I am 100% AGAINST co-sleeping. I think it's dangerous and unhealthy. My friends 2 year old still sleeps in the bed with her and her bf...and I think it's creepy and weird.

• Options

imagelaurasuzanne2006:
    i have another u/o to go along with the previous FB comments.  This is in no way meant to say anything negative towards stay at home moms, but seriously i have several many SAHM facebook friends who post nothing on their FB other than pics and statuses of their children.  As previously mentioned I don't need a picture of each meal your child eats, each new day they spend in the pool, or pics of them sleeping in strange positions.  It may have been cute once, not the 10th time.  I especially hate the complaints.  In fact that goes for all parents.

When you have your child you will think it is cute the 1000th time.

• Options
    valzeevalzee member
    imageAmanda&EricB:
    imageLeahanna21:

No flames here. I've wanted to say this a hundred times, but I just decided it was a waste of time. I think the whole point of being on this board is to ask questions and commiserate with others in the same situation. Some women are 4 weeks behind others in their pregnancy and by the time they get to ____________ stage or situation, many others have already "been there, done that" and are annoyed to keep hearing it. Well it's new to this person and they deserve to have their questions answered without having to search through 30 pages of posts. Just like the earlier ones deserved to get their questions answered.

Amen! I completely agree, and couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Options
    imageJillyBean3107:

Tardy for the Party again dangit...

My UO: I am 100% AGAINST co-sleeping. I think it's dangerous and unhealthy. My friends 2 year old still sleeps in the bed with her and her bf...and I think it's creepy and weird.

You may change your mind once you've gotten out of bed for the 500th time to get your child and feed them. Especially if you're BFing.

• Options
    imageitalnprncss78:

imagelaurasuzanne2006:

You definitely will. And you will want to share it with everyone. Plus, you need to realize that you have a choice in looking at your friends' photos of their kids. You don't have to look at them.

• Options
    imageksiana:
    imageitalnprncss78:

imagelaurasuzanne2006:

You definitely will. And you will want to share it with everyone. Plus, you need to realize that you have a choice in looking at your friends' photos of their kids. You don't have to look at them.

guess that's why i posted it as my u/o Smile

• Options
    imagedawn3513:
    imageLeahanna21:
    imageamandaloren:
    imageLeahanna21:

I couldn't agree more. As repetitive as some subjects are the vents about new people not following proper posting procedure and telling people what they can and can't post is just as annoying.

Amen - FFFC & UO are a drag now with the snarky comments about other ladies. Some weeks I don't even read them and if I do it is late in the day and I skip a lot.

My UO: I hate it when my SO (not LO) sleeps in the bed with me. He snores so I think he should sleep in the guest room!

• Options
    imageAmanda&EricB:
    imageLeahanna21:

Well said!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"