September 2011 Moms
Options

***UNpopular Opinion Thursday!***

Re: ***UNpopular Opinion Thursday!***

• Options
    I am judging people who cheaped out on my shower gift ---- especially a group gift from some immediate family members that was partially a regift
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think people should post whatever they want. If it's stupid, no one will respond to it or they will get flamed. I personally enjoy the shower dresses because I have no idea what to wear to my shower and H is my only opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lily87lily87 member
    imageBlueEyedBoyMeetsABrownEyedGirl:

Mine are about college, because I've been thinking a lot about this as we open his savings account.

I think going to college is a privilege, not a rite of passage.  Maybe this comes from the fact that I was the first in my family to graduate with a bachelors degree, and I have the student loan debt to prove it.  I will not send my son to college to party and "expand his world view" - yes, that's part of it, but he'll be going to prepare to be a self-sufficient adult in a career of his choosing.  If he hasn't proven to me that he's ready, he's not going...he needs to earn it!  As I said, we'll have a college savings account for him, but we've agreed we're not even going to tell him it exists until the time comes, and we're sure he is mature enough.

I also think most bachelors-level degree programs have been watered down.

I agree with you that LO needs to earn it. See my original post above. I think our culture is raising very selfish, entitled people right now. Both DH and I paid our way through college and at expensive schools (BC and MIT). And, I am still in school for my PhD. I value higher ed above pretty much most everything- but our son will not know that the has his way paid for him until the day comes. I do expect him to get a job and take out some loans. I would love it if he had to pay his own way like us, but unlike us he probably won't get financial aid- so I can't screw him out of an education because we are successful in our careers.

Though, I am not going to stop him if he wants a liberal arts degree to expand his worldview and has no idea what he wants to do. I do think there is some value in that.

That said, I do agree that bachelor's programs are really watered down. Anyone can pretty much get a BA these days and with minimal work. That is why so many jobs are requiring higher degrees now. And, I say this, as someone who is being forced to water down a class that I am teaching to college freshman next semester at a top 25 university. I am being told to basically hand hold them...and it pisses me off. It is just a continuation of over-coddling in my opinion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • Options
    imageAmanda&EricB:

My UO is NBR but oh well, here I go.

I think when a company tells you they will be at your home at a certain time, they should honor that. DH and I got up extra early today to be ready for this today, and here we sit, they are way late. It's irritating, not even a phone call.

When I'm late to an appointment, especially this late, I usually have to reschedule.

THANK YOU!!!!! They give you a 2 hour window, bc they are supposed to be there WITHIN that 2 hour window, not before, not after! If you cannot make it in that 2 hour window you provided me, then your little @ss better call me and let me know!

• Options
    imageLaceface7:

I actually have a few today!

1. Senetor Tom Coburn is trying to pass a bill to help pay off the National deficit......at the expense of Federal employees. As a federal emplyee this infuriates me. It is a NATIONAL defict and should be paid of by the majority of the NATION! Not a certain percentage of it's American workers. This is the article that I read yesterday that set me off. If you want to talk about it or debate it or just put your 2 cents in about it feel free to start another post see we don't end up with a mass daisy chain on the UO post. :)

https://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=48285&dcn=e_gvet

2. I think Sketchers Shape Ups are stupid looking

3. I had another one but Pregnancy brain has stolen it from me......this is a very real thing..... :(

I flat out find Sketchers Shape Ups (and shoes like them in other brands) downright offensive. First of all, they insult my intelligence. They've been proven ineffective over and over and with good reason. ("But I can feel a difference in my butt when I walk!" Of course you can! It's a differently shaped shoe! Your butt hurting the first couple times you wear them doesn't mean you're toning your butt, it means your body isn't used to the new footwear yet but it will be in about three days!) Also, because they lead people to believe that they have somehow outsmarted basic physics and can forgo exercise. 

But my main issue with them is that they send a message that women should really be trying to make themselves better all the time. It's like "Hey ladies, should you really be living your life and running your errands without giving a thought to swimsuit season?"

• Options

imageKatywren:
    I think there should be legal limits on the decibel level of your car stereo.  I feel like it is assault when you drive by my house and your stupid music makes my liver vibrate.  Same with motorcycles- if you have made modifications to your bike to make it louder you're a douche and should have your bike taken away.  My house sits a few yards away from a pretty busy intersection with one street going straight into the hood.  I'm going to be the crazy lady sitting at the end of her driveway with a hose.  If you drive by and are too loud, you're gonna get sprayed.  If you wake up my baby I will walk into traffic and push you over.

ITA!! I tell my students to NEVER do that because they will be the only person who thinks it's cool.

• Options
    imagelily87:

Mine are about college, because I've been thinking a lot about this as we open his savings account.

I think going to college is a privilege, not a rite of passage.  Maybe this comes from the fact that I was the first in my family to graduate with a bachelors degree, and I have the student loan debt to prove it.  I will not send my son to college to party and "expand his world view" - yes, that's part of it, but he'll be going to prepare to be a self-sufficient adult in a career of his choosing.  If he hasn't proven to me that he's ready, he's not going...he needs to earn it!  As I said, we'll have a college savings account for him, but we've agreed we're not even going to tell him it exists until the time comes, and we're sure he is mature enough.

I agree with you that LO needs to earn it. See my original post above. I think our culture is raising very selfish, entitled people right now. Both DH and I paid our way through college and at expensive schools (BC and MIT). And, I am still in school for my PhD. I value higher ed above pretty much most everything- but our son will not know that the has his way paid for him until the day comes. I do expect him to get a job and take out some loans. I would love it if he had to pay his own way like us, but unlike us he probably won't get financial aid- so I can't screw him out of an education because we are successful in our careers.

Though, I am not going to stop him if he wants a liberal arts degree to expand his worldview and has no idea what he wants to do. I do think there is some value in that.

That said, I do agree that bachelor's programs are really watered down. Anyone can pretty much get a BA these days and with minimal work. That is why so many jobs are requiring higher degrees now. And, I say this, as someone who is being forced to water down a class that I am teaching to college freshman next semester at a top 25 university. I am being told to basically hand hold them...and it pisses me off. It is just a continuation of over-coddling in my opinion.

totally agree.  I'm sitting on 40 grand in debt for my college education and have the pride that i was able to do it on my own.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with parents helping kids through college but i don't think it should be a handout.  I also knew If i was gonna have so much debt I better be able to find a job that could pay those loans back.  I also agree with BA programs being watered down.  There were several women I went to nursing school with who were going for their second degree who had their A##  handed to them.

• Options
    imageMereou12:

I thought of this during yesterday's Eye Candy PIP post, and decided to hold off until today....

There's NOTHING attractive about Johnny Depp. He's icky and creepy.

::putting on flame suit!!::

I am right there with you non-Depp gals. He doesn't do it for me.  

• Options

I'm with you ladies.

I'm also not looking forward to the "eviction notice" posts. They irritate the bejeezers out of me.

I couldn't agree more! I'm LO's mom not her slumlord. She can stay in there until she is ready to come out. 

September 2011 Mom's Siggy Challenge- Celebrate! imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagedawn3513:

I'm with you ladies.

I'm also not looking forward to the "eviction notice" posts. They irritate the bejeezers out of me.

I couldn't agree more! I'm LO's mom not her slumlord. She can stay in there until she is ready to come out. 

hehe.  love this

• Options
    imagelmjt:
    imageCodi-Bailey:
    imageMelett:
    imageMereou12:

I thought of this during yesterday's Eye Candy PIP post, and decided to hold off until today....

I thought I was the only one in the USA that felt this way, he is gross! and strange..

I agree! He is disgusting and oh so creepy.

ITA. So not my type. He looks greasy. 

Yes, totally greasy looking.. and weird..

Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image
  • Options

ITA

• Options
    lily87lily87 member

BTW- I hope my post yesterday about breech babies didn't seem like an eviction notice to my LO! I hope he stays in there as long as possible. And, I really hope he flips and I know there is plenty of time for this. I only want a c-section if it is medically necessary.

I was just curious, if I do have to go that route, whether they let you wait until your due date or if they make you do it sooner.

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • Options
    imagemollybloom:
    imagetblauvelt:
    imagecamdenfaithful:

imagemollybloom:
    I don't like headbands or tutu onesies on babies.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Every time I see one of those big flucking flower headbands on a kid I get disproportionately pissed off.  I told my mom that if she even dared to buy one of those for the baby if it ends up being a girl it will be burned immediately.

I don't get this. Why hate the headbands with the cute flowers? Are they too big? Is it because baby has no hair? Someone explain please. FTR, if you didn't know I think they're cute on babies.

I have no real specific reason, it is just like nails on a chalkboard for me. I don't mind headbands when baby girls get a little older, but I hate them on babies.

Yep.  Pretty much.  I just don't think anything about them is cute.  The smaller head garters I don't mind as much in like newborn photos, but like the picture below.  There is nothing cute about that.  It just looks ridiculous to me.  I cannot imagine wearing an accessory that is the size of my entire head.

I also have a thing against dressing a baby up and making them wear things that aren't practical.  I hate when parents treat their kids like dolls and put stuff like that on them.  You know that cannot be comfortable for a small baby and it serves absolutely no purpose.  

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    O and Johnny Depp is repulsive.  Anytime I see him, I want to attack him with a garden hose and a bar of soap.  He just looks so greasy to me.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    Watching Lady Gaga on Ellen right now (dear god I need a life...).  Anyways.  I like her and I bet she gives good hugs.  That's all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMereou12:

ITA.  I did think he was hot during his 21 Jump Street/Nighmare on Elm Street days though. 

I also do not get the appeal of George Clooney, Gerard Butler, Collin Farrell, Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey and Russell Crowe.

• Options
    lily87lily87 member
    imageVitaminC:
    imageMereou12:

ITA.  I did think he was hot during his 21 Jump Street/Nighmare on Elm Street days though. 

I also do not get the appeal of George Clooney, Gerard Butler, Collin Farrell, Ben Affleck, Matthew McConaughey and Russell Crowe.

I actually agree with almost all of your list except Gerard Butler who I think is totally yum and the accent helps too. :)

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • Options

I hate when I call my mother, or my sisters, or anyone else I know of who has had a baby and I say something like, "I am having a lot of pressure 'down there' and I am just so uncomfortable. I feel like Jellybean is already trying to bust out of me." Then they respond with, "Wow, you really need to suck it up. I have had x amount of children and I never complained this much." You know what STFU! I am soooooooo sorry that you are perfect and I didn't inherit that trait!

Also, I hate that my mother is still trying to talk me out of pain meds during labor. I don't admit to being superwoman by any means and I want my labor and delivery to be as calm as possible. I don't want to remember it as a time when I thought I was going to die! If she tells me one more time, "I am going to just tell the doctor's that you told me that no matter what you say you don't want the epidural." I am going to punch her in the face. You did it your way...let me do it mine.

Also, (yes it is one of those days) if one more of my sisters or my mother gives me one more piece of unwarranted/unasked for advice I am going to go ape *** on them. Yes, I have Jellybean's coming home outfit picked out and just because it isn't as simple as you would pick it, at the same time, isn't going to kill him. So let it f'ing go! If you notice that I am doing something that is potentially dangerous to my child's well being then tell me but who the f cares if he comes home in a sleeper or a cute onesie with little pants. It isn't your child and I don't need your dumb advice. I will take the advice, process it, and then make my own decision. Did I nag you about how you dressed your kids? NO So leave me alone!  

• Options

I'd like to throw in my support for the anti-headband and tutu crew. Those horrible tutus are everywhere now, and they almost make me relieved I'm not having a girl. :/

Re: Johnny Depp. Yes. I like. Does anyone remember Don Juan DeMarco?? Loved that movie!!

Regarding the college thing...I think its a very interesting discussion, and I have a lot to say about it (which I don't have time to write). But I do want to mention that, while I agree that it is a good thing to encourage or require kids to work to help pay for college, I also think that starting them out with a mountain of debt puts them at a ginormous disadvantage and keeps their options very limited when they are sharing the playing field with kids that don't have debt. I would like to instill responsibility in my child, while avoiding the debt, if possible.

• Options
    imageVitaminC:

You are Miss Crazypants (except for Ben Affleck).  But then I might have a recurring fantasy about taking the above dirty boys into the bathtub to clean them up.  Also, Benicio Del Toro.  Wink

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lily87lily87 member
    imageNYChick:

I'd like to throw in my support for the anti-headband and tutu crew. Those horrible tutus are everywhere now, and they almost make me relieved I'm not having a girl. :/

Re: Johnny Depp. Yes. I like. Does anyone remember Don Juan DeMarco?? Loved that movie!!

Regarding the college thing...I think its a very interesting discussion, and I have a lot to say about it (which I don't have time to write). But I do want to mention that, while I agree that it is a good thing to encourage or require kids to work to help pay for college, I also think that starting them out with a mountain of debt puts them at a ginormous disadvantage and keeps their options very limited when they are sharing the playing field with kids that don't have debt. I would like to instill responsibility in my child, while avoiding the debt, if possible.

Ooh, I hope you didn't read my post as wanting to put LO in debt. We plan to pay for it. I just don't think he needs to know that. Also, when I say I want him to take out a few loans on his own, I mean minimal amt of money, stafford loan with low interest. Like a few thousand dollars or whatever the equivalent will be. If we pay 95% and he pays 5%, I would be happy. I just think that if he pays nothing...he may not value it as much.

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • Options
    imageLaComtesse:
    imageLaceface7:

I actually have a few today!

1. Senetor Tom Coburn is trying to pass a bill to help pay off the National deficit......at the expense of Federal employees. As a federal emplyee this infuriates me. It is a NATIONAL defict and should be paid of by the majority of the NATION! Not a certain percentage of it's American workers. This is the article that I read yesterday that set me off. If you want to talk about it or debate it or just put your 2 cents in about it feel free to start another post see we don't end up with a mass daisy chain on the UO post. :)

https://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=48285&dcn=e_gvet

2. I think Sketchers Shape Ups are stupid looking

3. I had another one but Pregnancy brain has stolen it from me......this is a very real thing..... :(

I flat out find Sketchers Shape Ups (and shoes like them in other brands) downright offensive. First of all, they insult my intelligence. They've been proven ineffective over and over and with good reason. ("But I can feel a difference in my butt when I walk!" Of course you can! It's a differently shaped shoe! Your butt hurting the first couple times you wear them doesn't mean you're toning your butt, it means your body isn't used to the new footwear yet but it will be in about three days!) Also, because they lead people to believe that they have somehow outsmarted basic physics and can forgo exercise. 

But my main issue with them is that they send a message that women should really be trying to make themselves better all the time. It's like "Hey ladies, should you really be living your life and running your errands without giving a thought to swimsuit season?"

I agree with everything you said LaComtesse!

• Options
    imagelaurasuzanne2006:
    imagelily87:

totally agree.  I'm sitting on 40 grand in debt for my college education and have the pride that i was able to do it on my own.  I'm not saying there is anything wrong with parents helping kids through college but i don't think it should be a handout.  I also knew If i was gonna have so much debt I better be able to find a job that could pay those loans back.  I also agree with BA programs being watered down.  There were several women I went to nursing school with who were going for their second degree who had their A##  handed to them.

Yesssss!  I have a 16-year old baby sister and I always tell her to choose a career path that will afford her the quality of life she really wants...in terms of work hours, flexibility, and ultimately $$$.  Not that she can't enjoy her work, but just to keep in mind that she'll always have weekends to pursue her other interests and passions, as long as she can afford it.  I don't mean to crush her soul or anything, but it's a reality that she needs to be able to support herself.

• Options

On a similar note to the college discussion.  I really hope my child doesn't choose to major in something that will not result in a career. DH and I have no problem paying tuition but may not if our children choose to major in something that will not result in a career. I dont think it's worth tens and thousands of dollars for my kid to obtain a degree that is not going to do them any good. If I am going to pay tens and thousands of dollars, I want it to result in my child having the best shot at getting a nice career and starting their lives. 

We have so many friends that majored in psychology (who have no interest in working in the field) and thus are either getting their Master's in something else or not using their degree at all. English and history majors that don't want to teach and complain about their student loan debt.  

• Options
    imagelily87:
    imageNYChick:

Ooh, I hope you didn't read my post as wanting to put LO in debt. We plan to pay for it. I just don't think he needs to know that. Also, when I say I want him to take out a few loans on his own, I mean minimal amt of money, stafford loan with low interest. Like a few thousand dollars or whatever the equivalent will be. If we pay 95% and he pays 5%, I would be happy. I just think that if he pays nothing...he may not value it as much.

My parents always instilled in me that scholarships were a must.  That way, no debt!  They had my college fund, but whatever I didn't need for tuition due to scholarships was mine to do what I wanted with.  Between scholarships and part-time jobs, I was able to live in an apartment and have enough left after college to put a small amount towards my wedding the summer after graduating.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I find it insane when people buy expensive clothes for their babies and toddlers regularly.  Like people who pay full price for Janie and Jack or Mini Boden type clothes.  Buying something for a special occasion is one thing.  But paying $35 or $45 for a sweater for a 9 month old is crazy.  Even some stuff at the Gap is crazy when it's regular prices.  Seriously a newborn sleeper for $25, what are you freaking nuts. 

I find most of the stuff at Janie and Jack to be way to fussy anyway (for boys anyway I don't really look at the girl's stuff)

And it's fine too if you have money to burn, but I'm talking about people who aren't super wealthy and are clothes snobs for their infants/toddlers.

• Options
    imageSwtPatato:

On a similar note to the college discussion.  I really hope my child doesn't choose to major in something that will not result in a career. DH and I have no problem paying tuition but may not if our children choose to major in something that will not result in a career. I dont think it's worth tens and thousands of dollars for my kid to obtain a degree that is not going to do them any good. If I am going to pay tens and thousands of dollars, I want it to result in my child having the best shot at getting a nice career and starting their lives. 

We have so many friends that majored in psychology (who have no interest in working in the field) and thus are either getting their Master's in something else or not using their degree at all. English and history majors that don't want to teach and complain about their student loan debt.  

I'm sort of in your boat. I think there should be more of a career focus in one's college experience. That said, I think I was served remarkably well by my creative writing/history/lit major (yeah, I tripled cuz I'm cool). So if my kid wants a liberal arts degree, I'm cool with that, but I will stress over and over again: internships, internships, internships! My internship is a big part of what got me my first job, and that's true of many, many people I know. I look at my experience in the job market versus Monsieur's (he worked full-time throughout college and didn't have time for an internship; he was an English major) and it makes all the difference in the world.

• Options
    imageCheryl162:
    imageVitaminC:

You are Miss Crazypants (except for Ben Affleck).  But then I might have a recurring fantasy about taking the above dirty boys into the bathtub to clean them up.  Also, Benicio Del Toro.  Wink

If I had thought of him I would have put Benicio Del Toro on my "I don't get it list" as well.  My top fantasy guy is Justin Timberlake.  So that tells you where I'm coming from.  Although I wouldn't kick Ryan Reynolds out of bed for eating crackers either.

• Options
    imageNYChick:

ITA. I don't know exactly what my parents did to instill responsibility in me, but as soon as I was old enough to work I had a job. They fully paid for my tuition and books while in college and also gave me a weekly allowance for gas and food while I was in school (I didn't go away to college, I commuted.) I continued to work 30+ hours a week the entire time I was in college and never took advantage of their generosity. I am extremely grateful that I didn't graduate with debt looming over me. So while that may be unpopular, I want to be able to do the same for my LO. I just need to figure out how my parents were able to give me so much, and yet still teach me the responsibility to work for and appreciate everything that I have.

• Options

My U/O about college: I am not going to push my children into going to college. I was pushed and had a full tuition scholarship to a private 4 year school that I pissed away after 1 year. I was 17 when I went to school and was not ready for it at all. DH and I are going to encourage our kids to take a year off after high school to work while traveling.

Of course, if our child has a specific field that they would like to pursue, go to college by all means. But, it is too expensive to be the next step just for the sake of being the next step. Everyone I know that took a gap year wound up going to and finishing college. I think that the year off traveling/ working made them more confident and surer in their career choices.

Also, my children are paying for college themselves. Both DH and I did and I think that taught us a lot about financial planning and time management. We will help them out, but the majority is going to come from them.

• Options
    I can't stand it when people post pictures on FB of EVERYTHING that they think is cute that their kids do. I don't need to see 5 million pictures of your kid everyday.
  • Options
    imagejellybeanmama0929:

I hate when I call my mother, or my sisters, or anyone else I know of who has had a baby and I say something like, "I am having a lot of pressure 'down there' and I am just so uncomfortable. I feel like Jellybean is already trying to bust out of me." Then they respond with, "Wow, you really need to suck it up. I have had x amount of children and I never complained this much." You know what STFU! I am soooooooo sorry that you are perfect and I didn't inherit that trait!

Also, I hate that my mother is still trying to talk me out of pain meds during labor. I don't admit to being superwoman by any means and I want my labor and delivery to be as calm as possible. I don't want to remember it as a time when I thought I was going to die! If she tells me one more time, "I am going to just tell the doctor's that you told me that no matter what you say you don't want the epidural." I am going to punch her in the face. You did it your way...let me do it mine.

Also, (yes it is one of those days) if one more of my sisters or my mother gives me one more piece of unwarranted/unasked for advice I am going to go ape *** on them. Yes, I have Jellybean's coming home outfit picked out and just because it isn't as simple as you would pick it, at the same time, isn't going to kill him. So let it f'ing go! If you notice that I am doing something that is potentially dangerous to my child's well being then tell me but who the f cares if he comes home in a sleeper or a cute onesie with little pants. It isn't your child and I don't need your dumb advice. I will take the advice, process it, and then make my own decision. Did I nag you about how you dressed your kids? NO So leave me alone!  

This is a vent that is a novel, not an UO.  Just saying.

• Options
    imageMereou12:

I think we may have been separated at birth...

I agree. Everytime I see him I think he needs a shower.

• Options
    imagePina:
    imagejellybeanmama0929:

This is a vent that is a novel, not an UO.  Just saying.

You beat me to this, Pina. I think this will be a "popular" response.

MJ. Born 9-4-2011. 2 Weeks Old Here. Photobucket
  • Options

Late to the Party.... again

Hate those stupid headbands that are bigger than the child's head..... and why wear a tutu for clothing?  Its not a skirt and it has no point.

Love me some Johnny Depp, that grease can dirty up my sheets anytime.

My children will help pay for college and will know the value of a dollar, I can't not stand enabled teenagers.

My own UO....

I can not stand long ranting and raving posts, also I can not stand MULTIPLE POSTS.  Say what you want in one freaking post.  Stop jamming the board with your nonsense.

I think it's odd when people still cut their heads off in pictures on the bump.

and I don't know why people can't get it through their freaking heads.... there are no doctors on this board.  Call your own dr. and stop asking us if things are normal.  No it's not normal.  CALL.

Lastly, pregnancy is a gift, quite bitching and moaning and groaning about your aches and pains.  None of us feel great, but not everyone can enjoy pregnancy and the gift of having a baby.  Quit complaining and love these last few weeks.  Then you can all "have your body back" and can start complaining about the weight you need to take off and how your clothing doesn't fit.... and yada yada....

Sorry, it's one of those days.

• Options
    imageamandaloren:
    imagetblauvelt:
    imagecamdenfaithful:

imagemollybloom:
    I don't like headbands or tutu onesies on babies.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Every time I see one of those big flucking flower headbands on a kid I get disproportionately pissed off.  I told my mom that if she even dared to buy one of those for the baby if it ends up being a girl it will be burned immediately.

I don't get this. Why hate the headbands with the cute flowers? Are they too big? Is it because baby has no hair? Someone explain please. FTR, if you didn't know I think they're cute on babies.

I love the headbands (not the huge takes up her whole head headband) and tutus!

I love them too. Got a few for my shower. Not as huge as the pic that was posted, just small dainty ones. I also got 2 tutu's. I had a boy, I dressed him as a little boy. Now it's my turn to have a girl and dress her like a girl...not a tomboy.

• Options
    imagelily87:

BTW- I hope my post yesterday about breech babies didn't seem like an eviction notice to my LO! I hope he stays in there as long as possible. And, I really hope he flips and I know there is plenty of time for this. I only want a c-section if it is medically necessary.

I was just curious, if I do have to go that route, whether they let you wait until your due date or if they make you do it sooner.

I didn't see the post, but I doubt it was like what I'm referring to. I'm talking about the posts that are like, "Dear baby, your time is up, please evacuate your uterus of residence immediately, Thank you. Love, Mommy."

No worries, Lily. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagePina:

Late to the Party.... again

Hate those stupid headbands that are bigger than the child's head..... and why wear a tutu for clothing?  Its not a skirt and it has no point.

Love me some Johnny Depp, that grease can dirty up my sheets anytime.

My children will help pay for college and will know the value of a dollar, I can't not stand enabled teenagers.

My own UO....

I can not stand long ranting and raving posts, also I can not stand MULTIPLE POSTS.  Say what you want in one freaking post.  Stop jamming the board with your nonsense.

I think it's odd when people still cut their heads off in pictures on the bump.

and I don't know why people can't get it through their freaking heads.... there are no doctors on this board.  Call your own dr. and stop asking us if things are normal.  No it's not normal.  CALL.

Lastly, pregnancy is a gift, quite bitching and moaning and groaning about your aches and pains.  None of us feel great, but not everyone can enjoy pregnancy and the gift of having a baby.  Quit complaining and love these last few weeks.  Then you can all "have your body back" and can start complaining about the weight you need to take off and how your clothing doesn't fit.... and yada yada....

Sorry, it's one of those days.

Pina...I just want to send you a HUG. I think you need one. Wink

• Options

imageLadyBugLove7:
    I can't stand it when people post pictures on FB of EVERYTHING that they think is cute that their kids do. I don't need to see 5 million pictures of your kid everyday.

Yes  I really don't need to see 20 pictures of your kid eating the same meal! I love looking at pictures of my friends LO's but not when it is basically the same picture over and over.  I really hope that I don't go that crazy when my LO is here.

BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"