April 2011 Moms
Options

shedding hair

I don't know if it's happening to you other moms yet but I have been shedding hair like crazy for the past week.  Everytime I comb my hair after a shower it comes out in clumps almost.  I am constantly picking hairs off myself and DS.  He also always seems to have a hair in one of his fists.  How long does this last???
Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

Re: shedding hair

• Options
    It's been awful! I have no idea how long it will last. I hope not long!
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageams8099:

Yes!!  SO annoying :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me too! It's bad enough that my mom is suggesting I get my thyroid levels checked since we have a family history.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.
  • Options

After my first pregnancy, it lasted a while. I even had a bald spot! Receding hairline, the works. I thought by continuing taking my prenatal it would help this time around. Nope! It is coming out in clumps! It started around the 3 month mark for both babies. I just hope i don't get a bald spot again. It took a year for it to grow in.

• Options
    EDWHIPEDWHIP member
    I just started noticing hair coming out!  It gets everywhere and is very annoying.  I've heard it really starts when you stop breastfeeding, but I am still breastfeeding...so idk.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    This happened to me 4 mo pp after DD1.  I had 2 bad bald spots from a receding hairline.  It was awful and lasted about 4-6 wks before new hairs started to fill in.  The new hair phase was awful too-little pieces sticking straight up until they were long enough to fall downward.  My fingers are crossed it doesn't happen to me this time.  Although, I get the feeling if it happened once it will happen again!
  • Options

imageams8099:

I thought maybe I was the only one!

• Options
    Bald spots? Oh $&*!$#... I'm shedding like mad and it's driving me crazy but I might get a bald spot and receding hairline? Crap.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Happening to me too - it's so depressing cause my hair was so beautiful...now i have all these little hairs sticking up BOOOOOO
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's happening to DD and I both! haha. We both started shedding 3 months pp. Now she's almost bald and my hair is considerablt thinner. She's always covered in both of our hair.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    I Bump from my phone 90% of the time, with a baby in my lap, so please excuse my bad format and poor spelling and/or punctuation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"