Health & Exercise
Options

educate me, I'm a moron.

I'm going to try to put into words a question that may be completly stupid, so TIA for sticking with me. I have never had to be too careful with my weight/food, but i am getting older, and i have noticed it is time to make a bigger effort! :) 

My question is: how fast does food put weight on? Say I cheated on my diet last weekend, and I work out all week to try to offset that; when will I know if I suceeded or if I am up a few pounds? after a few days...the next week...next month? I know weight fluctuates a ton from day to day, so I am talking about the long term, you officially weigh more, numbers.

again, sorry if this is the dumbest thing you have ever heard; I just don't know these things. thanks!!  

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

Re: educate me, I'm a moron.

• Options
    I would guess its relatively quickly because the food you eat is burned for energy and what you don't need turns into stored fat.  The fluctuation day to day can also do with water weight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

3500 calories = a pound of fat.

That's one way to look at it. As far as how long it takes? It probably depends on your body and how much you work out. I wouldn't count a next day (after cheating) weight gain "real" as fat doesn't accumulate that quickly. I would stick to weekly weigh ins and as long as you aren't cheating with 3500 calories or more, you shouldn't be adding real weight.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both! so far I am 12 lbs down in 3 or 4 weeks now! yay :) 

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

• Options

I know a lot of bodybuilders who when it comes to watching what you eat, these people have the market PEGGED.  One of my Bb buddies has a "cheat meal" built into his regular routine.  That's a cheat meal once a week, not EVERY DAY!  For one meal a week he's not going to allow himself to feel guilty about eating whatever in whichever portion he chooses because each week has X number of meals..

The thing with fast food again is to remember that it is one meal out of 90 meals in a month.  It's more important what you do with the other 89 meals.  Also, when you do go to a fast food or other restaurant, it's the same rule as normal, the "All you can eat" buffet is not a direct challenge!  You don't need the "supersized" meal, nor do you need to fill your soda glass up with soda after the first time through..  It's just common sense and portion control there just as it is any other time you eat.  Also, most fast food joints carry healthy options such as "Apple Dippers" at McDonald's or "Apple Fries" at Burger King, or "Fruit cup" at Arby's.  These items are on the menu, it's just that the anti fast food types don't want you to know this...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have cheat day where I eat whatever I want. I workout 6 days a week, walk 1 mile every day, and eat healthy (or try too, LOL). Just eat 2000 calories a day and keep working out. You should be fine.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"