Potty Training
Options

DD does better bare bottom thann with underwear on?

Anyone else running into this. This is only day #3 but she seems to only have accidents when she is wearing underwear. Putting a diaper on her is out, she won't tell me when she has to go. So what do I do when we go out in public, I have an OB appointment tomorrow. Leave her with a naked bottom or do diapers and just take her to the potty every hour? Or put her in panties, take her to the potty and prepare for an accident?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD does better bare bottom thann with underwear on?

• Options
    We have the same issue with DS...and I think it's pretty common.  What we've done when we've gone out to a public place, like not someone's house, is put him in underwear and a cloth diaper cover (or "rubber pants" type thing) so that if he has an accident it doesn't leak all over the place.  But, we also take him to the bathroom every hour or so.  If we are going somewhere that is not public, we just put him in loose fitting pants or shorts with nothing underneath so that he still feels like he's not wearing underwear.  I don't think I'm going to put him in underwear until he is fully trained and telling me when he has to go.
  • Options
    Bare bottom was easy for DS but he sort of regressed when I put him in undies. I decided to stick with them and let him have accidents. He learned pretty quickly that undies were not diapers and they don't hold pee. Now he is fully PT. There was no other way to learn than get wet.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neither of my sons wear underwear 95% of the time because everytime they'd have underwear on they'd pee in it.  It just felt too much like a diaper to them I guess.  Now my oldest hates underwear with a passion so it's no underwear for them.  It's easier to get away with on a boy though because I don't have to worry out dresses but you will probably find as she gets the hang things it's not an issue.
  • Options
    NM, double post
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"