August 2011 Moms
Options

Pulling the pregnancy trump card

I do not think DH realizes just how very pregnant I am sometimes.  Yesterday we were cleaning up after the all-church picnic and he got a splinter.  When we met up he showed me his thumb and told me how long the thing was when he pulled it out. 

Poor baby, you got a splinter.  

But then while he stood there nursing his thumb, he states, "Why don't you go get the car and pull it around?"

Mind you our car was at the farthest parking spot possible at the farm, down a hill, and across a field.   I gave him a look that could kill...37 weeks pregnant trumps your splintered thumb.  Silly man. 

Anyone else have to pull the pregnancy card lately?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pulling the pregnancy trump card

• Options

I think I might have just laughed in his face!  That's hilarious!

Yesterday we were loading shower gifts into my mom's car, which was only like 20 feet from the door, but it was SO incredibly hot and muggy.  I stayed inside :)  I was very appreciative and thanked everyone. I hate being lazy but man, it was SOOOO hot!  DH has also taken to dropping me off at the door to stores lately if there aren't close parking places.

Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
    Baby Maryn was born 8/18/11
    image   imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, let's just say I don't have to clean toilets anymore.  The last time I tried, like a month ago, I had a hard time bending down and getting back up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last week we were talking about our garden and DH was complaining about how many times he has hoed it, and he asked me how many times I've hoed it (knowing the answer is none). My response was "How many babies are you growing??" Giant belly + swollen feet + hot outside = I don't have to hoe the little garden that is mostly his anyway.
  • Options

Lol.  Seriously??  I'd laugh at his face if he suggested that!!   What ended up happening?

I kick DH out of the lazy boy chair all the time so I can elevate my feet. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

haha,I would have been sooo annoyed. My DH has done stupid stuff like that too. I just give him an "Are you serious?!" look and point at my belly as a reminder... lol Men!

• Options

My DH is pretty good about helping out and realizing I'm VERY pregnant, but I tend to pull the card when I don't want to go somewhere or when I want to leave early.

I've used it like crazy at work and don't feel bad about it at all :)

TTC#1 Since 9.09
    Unexplained IF
    IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP!! EDD: 8/8/11
    DS#1 Born 8/11/11
    TTC#2
    BFP #2 3/1/12 Ended in M/C on 3/17/12 @ 7w
    11/12 IUI#1 + Clomid + Trigger= BFP, EDD: 8/18/13, Beta#1 (45), Beta #2 (265) Beta #3 (2545)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    S/PAIF/PAL ALWAYS WELCOME!!
  • Options
    imagelob:

Lol.  Seriously??  I'd laugh at his face if he suggested that!!   What ended up happening?

I kick DH out of the lazy boy chair all the time so I can elevate my feet. Smile

Oh, he went down and got the car and pulled it up.  I sure wasn't going to pity his thumb that much!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I went to see Harry Potter last Friday and parking was horrific.. so I suggested that he drop me off at the entrance so I can pick up the tickets.. He gave me a weird look as we pre-ordered them and we could pick them up at a different counter that never has a wait.. It was so worth the stink eye to not have to walk almost a football field away to the theatre entrance.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    measrnmeasrn member
    imagecbruckner32:

My DH is pretty good about helping out and realizing I'm VERY pregnant, but I tend to pull the card when I don't want to go somewhere or when I want to leave early.

I've used it like crazy at work and don't feel bad about it at all :)

This is where I use it the most. MH is usually pretty quick in offering to do stuff to help.

• Options
    Although my husband never would have even dreamt of asking me to go get the car, he was complaining a week or so ago about how he was sick and he threw up ONCE.  If you add up all the times I've thrown up during my five prengancies over the last five years we're talking HUNDREDS of times so no, I didn't have a whole lotta sympathy for him.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

The only thing I've been pulling it on regularly is vacuuming.. A chore I have always hated and gets me too hot & winded nowadays!

• Options
    megd06megd06 member

wow.

Our golden retriever mix was having....female odor issues (bleh) the other night, and was laying in her bean bag chair right beside me where I was on the couch--I was trying to get her to move--but she wouldn't. H got annoyed and said "Just drag her on the bean bag chair to the other side of the room!" Um, okay--I'll DRAG our 60 lb dog on a bean bag chair across a room--that'll be great for my back. I made him do it.

• Options

Hahaha! Thats funny! I would have given H the 'look' also.

I can't remember what my H was complaining about this weekend, I'm sure it was pointless or maybe it would have stuck in my mind. All I said was "You poor thing.... remember what I have to push out of my vagina in a few weeks?" He shut up.

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    S-TunaS-Tuna member
    These stories are funny! I can't think of anything right now, but I'm sure it happens. My pregnancy brain has kicked in full force in the last week. My husband has to keep reminding me that "we've already talked about that twice today", lol.
  • Options

I pull it out all the time.  I am uncomfortable and still do a lot so I don't feel bad about it at all.  But it's awesome to see SO join in on the nesting. 

My SO automatically drops me off at the door where ever we go which he started doing on his own to the point I was like uhm hunny I can still walk you know.  Then I thought about it.  Might as well live it up.

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

Oh wow...HA! Yeah, I agree with pp. I would have laughed at his face!

I was playing with DS indoors the other day, and DH walks up to us and says "Boy...you are so white! Your mom has had you cooped up in the house too long. She never takes you out, huh?"
    I gave him a look and promptly showed him my fat elephant ankles.

He paused and said "Quentin...daddy is going to take you outside to play."

LOL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Whenever SO says anything about being hot or whatever (granted he does work outside and I am sure it sucks) but I am like I know trying carrying a kid around in this! 

My brother told me the other day to stop being a whinny butt and I was like let me add an extra 30 pounds to you and then lets see how you feel! 

MEN!!! haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    I've done it twice at work recently.  In both instances, I needed someone else to do something and they were taking a long time.  I told them that I was pregnant and due "in August" and they needed to get it done ASAP before I go on leave or it would have to be reassigned for one or wait for 3 months for the other. 
  • Options
    imageeesome:

I was playing with DS indoors the other day, and DH walks up to us and says "Boy...you are so white! Your mom has had you cooped up in the house too long. She never takes you out, huh?"

LOL!

Haha, this is so me!  The noon news was on while I was making lunch and my 6 yo asked how you pronouce h-u-m-i-d.  When I told her it's humid she exclaimed, "well I guess we aren't going outside that day!"

• Options
    I haven't had to mow the lawn or bathe the dog in months...love it! Wink
    Married 7.5.08
    BFP 12/10/10 - DD1 8/16/11
    BFP 10/29/13 - c/p 11/2/13
    BFP 11/29/13 - DD2 7/18/14
    BFP 3/20/18 - DS1 due 12/2/18
  • Options
    Oh my gosh.  I would probably have gone ballistic on DH if he had whined about a splinter.  But my DH doesn't whine or complain about anything really so I almost never have the chance.  I do think he forgets that at 8 months pregnant EVERYTHING is uncomfortable or it hurts.  heseems to just think I am the exact same wife, just with a belly. 
  • Options
    ohfourohfour member
    I'm about to have this baby in 2 days at the latest, and last night DH is finally cleaning the carpet in the living room, his one and only task before the baby comes. He had the nerve to ask if I was gonna help pick DDs toys up off the floor. Normally I would but I was like, ya know what, I've done EVERYTHING else to prepare for this baby, and it's not fun for me to bend over right now. I can't believe he asked me that! I looked at him like he was crazy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband and I were finishing up a few projects around the house and every now and then he would yell asking me to go get something.  I understand because he's in the middle of a project, but so was I!  I told him, I don't mind helping him, but it takes me 5 minutes to stop what I am doing to get up off the floor to go get whatever he needs.  I basically just told him it would be faster if HE stopped what he was doing!  I think after a few times he caught on!
  • Options

Last night I asked DH to use this massage thing on my back. He responds that his body hurt from mowing and painting (he did the guest bath) and that he didn't want to move b/c his body was tired and wanted me to give him a back rub instead... really? You are going to complain about your body aching to your 9 month preggo wife? I then told him I had ZERO sympathy for him and that he was SOL on the massage. It took about 10 minutes for him to realize why I was grumpy at him and then he offered to give me a back rub. At that point I didn't even want it. Sometimes I wonder about him...

• Options
    shoot im pulling the haha sucker you should of helped me because now im on MODIFIED BEDREST....i warned you card.
    Charlene Mommy to DD Jaylah Marie 12/09/2005 and Nolan Walter 08/18/2011 Photobucket
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imagetink7227:
    imageeesome:

LOL!

Haha, this is so me!  The noon news was on while I was making lunch and my 6 yo asked how you pronouce h-u-m-i-d.  When I told her it's humid she exclaimed, "well I guess we aren't going outside that day!"

That's too funny!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH: I want a sundae 

Me: ill have some ice cream too

DH: Could you go out and get some? i will have whatever flavor you're having.

Me: Dirty look, followed by "are you kidding me?"

DH: Gets up, gets his keys and says "so what kind do you want?"

LOL nice try hubby, but this pregnant lady is not doing the icecream run 9months preg. Wink

• Options

Back in first tri, DH would complain about something and I would say, "Oh, you are tired.  Really.  I grew a spleen today!"

It's our joke now. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Max born July 25

Big sisters Alex and Layla

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"