Hawaii Babies
Options

Clicky Poll - thank you notes

I've seen it both ways, and I wondering what you guys think:

Is it cute or ridiculous when a thank you note sent for a gift given to a baby or very young child is written from the kid's perspective?  i.e. "Thank you for the blocks, I can't wait to play with them!  Love, Childsname

Is that cute?  Or is it much more appropriate to be from the parent, since clearly the kid can't write (or even speak for that matter) yet?  i.e "Thank for the for blocks for Childsname.  He loves them already and plays with them all the time!  Love, Parentsnames and Childsname

[Poll]
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Clicky Poll - thank you notes

• Options
    i voted for the first one. i think it's cute.
  • Options
    I think it's totally cute, but to get an unbiased opinion,  you might want to ask on your local Nest board... lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i think it's strange to pretend like your baby can talk and write thank you notes. Smile  that said, i have written 1 thank you note from E's perspective - to our friends' 4 yo, b/c they said he picked out part of the gift.  so i wrote a note just to him for that part of the gift, and in that case, i thought it was cute.  so maybe i'm a SS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    Haha, I wrote our TY notes from LO's perspective. It felt kinda weird while writing them but I figured since the toys are for him and not me, the TY notes should be from him too. FWIW, I do sign it LO's name, followed by MH and my names in parentheses, so that it was more "spelled out" that it was written on his behalf by us (instead of us "pretending" that he wrote it).
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    We do it the first way...and I get the boys to "sign" the notes (scribble, then I write their names underneath). I may be a total loser lol.
  • Options

imageredshoegirl:
    We do it the first way...and I get the boys to "sign" the notes (scribble, then I write their names underneath). I may be a total loser lol.

No way.  This is a totally cute idea.  I'm totally stealing it.  Smile

• Options

imageredshoegirl:

We do this too.  Everyone loves that he signs it:)

• Options
    imagemrs.winter:

imageredshoegirl:

That's what I was thinking about doing.  I was going to try tomorrow to get him to "sign" a few cards for me.  The only time he's held a crayon so far far he tried to eat it, so wish me luck!  :P

• Options
    we have always done them from her perspective and i think ppl like it :)
  • Options
    imagelelekay:
    imagemrs.winter:

imageredshoegirl:

That's what I was thinking about doing.  I was going to try tomorrow to get him to "sign" a few cards for me.  The only time he's held a crayon so far far he tried to eat it, so wish me luck!  :P

We usually sign from his perspective, but if the givers aren't really close or well-known to us, we sign from our own perspective.

I like the scribble idea! We sign his "name" by tracing his handprint. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"