August 2011 Moms
Options

Average cost per diaper?

I know this varies completely from store to store, but is there a general average, per diaper cost?   I'm trying to evaluate various sale prices and figure out when the prices are good enough to stock up...  TIA
Married 11/21/2009
BFP 12/4/2010
Baby Maryn was born 8/18/11
image   imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Average cost per diaper?

• Options
    If you have a local walgreens, go in there and ask for their store baby coupon book (mine was at the pharmacy) they have coupons for Walgreens brand, Huggies, Pampers, Similac, and some other things. But the thing with Walgreens is you can use their store coupons (inside this booket, the book doesn't expire until Dec 31) and you can also use manufacturers coupons at the same time. So when a package of Pampers goes on sale for $8.99 you can get the sale price- $2 walgreens store coupon and -$1 or $2 whatever manufacturer coupon you have clipped from the Procter and Gamble ads that come out the first Sunday of each month in your local paper. That makes you pay $4.99 for a jumbo pack of pampers, and that's a really good deal!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ijackijack member

babycheapskate.com does a post each week telling you the diaper deals and breaking it down by cost per diaper.

https://www.babycheapskate.com/2011/07/10/top-diaper-and-formula-deals-of-the-week-159/

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd say that anything below $0.20/diaper is a good price.

The generic brand I buy comes down to 15.625 cents/diaper when it's on sale, but that's about the cheapest I can get.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    With coupons and sale watching, I can typically get diapers for about .14 cents each (Huggies and Pampers). I won't pay more than .17 cents per diaper. 
  • Options

I only use pampers.  using sales/coupons online I have not paid more than .15cents PER a diaper.  and have paid as low as .10cents.

BOXES are the cheapest to buy. "jumbo packs at the store for the 9.99 before coupons for 30 diapers are the most expensive"

I 2nd doubling store/manufacturer coupons.  This works for formula too.

I have bought 75$ worth of Similac and PAID .04cents total at Walmart!! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Yes
    imagenavybride06:

I only use pampers.  using sales/coupons online I have not paid more than .15cents PER a diaper.  and have paid as low as .10cents.

BOXES are the cheapest to buy. "jumbo packs at the store for the 9.99 before coupons for 30 diapers are the most expensive"

I 2nd doubling store/manufacturer coupons.  This works for formula too.

I have bought 75$ worth of Similac and PAID .04cents total at Walmart!! 

Teach me your ways, oh coupon and sale genius!!  YesYes

Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
  • Options
    imageijack:

babycheapskate.com does a post each week telling you the diaper deals and breaking it down by cost per diaper.

https://www.babycheapskate.com/2011/07/10/top-diaper-and-formula-deals-of-the-week-159/

Thank you for that!! I have a feeling that site is going to be invaluable.....

• Options
    Amazon Mom Subscribe and Save is pretty cheap-even better than Sam's Club.  I also signed up for swagbucks.  You get points for using their search engine and once you get 450 you can get a $5 gift card.  I wrote about it in my blog if you want to find out more.
  • Options
    have you considered cloth?  much much cheaper, especially if you think you want more than 1.
  • Options

imageliv97:
    have you considered cloth?  much much cheaper, especially if you think you want more than 1.

Plan to, yes.  However,  we are giving ourselves a 4-6 week grace period during which we can get our feet under us and not throw in a new and complicated system.,  So we are using disposable for a bit then changing.

Married 11/21/2009
    BFP 12/4/2010
  • Options

Two weeks ago, Amazon had a deal on pampers swaddlers size 1-2. 

It was a 252 count box for $24 shipped.   That comes out to 9.5 cents per diaper.  I think I have heard if you can get them for less than 10 cents thats not a bad deal.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageijack:

LOVE LOVE LOVE that site! I was going to suggest it as well.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use Amazon mom subscribe and save. With prime shipping, it's actually cheaper than diapers.com if you use the pampers brand. (And get the largest boxes.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"