Texas Babies
Options

Pediatrician Rec - Homebirth, Delayed Vaccinations

Hi, I am looking for a pediatrician in the San Antonio area who accepts clients that have had a homebirth, supportive of breast feeding and delayed vaccinations. Any recommendations?
IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image BabyName Ticker

Re: Pediatrician Rec - Homebirth, Delayed Vaccinations

• Options

Hey Amber, I do not know of a pediatrician here in San Antonio that allows delayed vaccinations, but I would think that all should support breast feeding and home birth with a midwife or doula. My five year old currently goes to Dr. Bernard at South Texas Center for Pediatric Care in the Stone Oak area. We have been really pleased with her. We are trying for a second now and will definitely use her for our next as well. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help & Good luck in your search!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'd recommend Dr. McMains but with the caveat that her office staff is horrible.   We've had biiling problems and issues with rudeness before we switched offices.

I absolutely loved seeing Dr. McMains.   She takes all the time you need with her but that does mean she does run late.   Overall she is extremely supportive of breastfeeding, had no problems with cosleeping, didn't insist on cereal as a first food.  One of my friends who used to see her, talked with her about delayed vaccinations and she was willing to do that for her, but that is second hand information.   I'm pretty sure she'd be okay with a homebirth, since she seems pretty liberal with other issues.  I'm sad that we had to change practices, but the staff was messing up on insurance and other issues to often.

My friend does a delayed vaccination schedule and likes Dr. Cumming (I'm not sure on the spelling).   He's in the medical center and the number is 696-2800

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekami1977:

I'd recommend Dr. McMains but with the caveat that her office staff is horrible.   We've had biiling problems and issues with rudeness before we switched offices.

I absolutely loved seeing Dr. McMains.   She takes all the time you need with her but that does mean she does run late.   Overall she is extremely supportive of breastfeeding, had no problems with cosleeping, didn't insist on cereal as a first food.  One of my friends who used to see her, talked with her about delayed vaccinations and she was willing to do that for her, but that is second hand information.   I'm pretty sure she'd be okay with a homebirth, since she seems pretty liberal with other issues.  I'm sad that we had to change practices, but the staff was messing up on insurance and other issues to often.

My friend does a delayed vaccination schedule and likes Dr. Cumming (I'm not sure on the spelling).   He's in the medical center and the number is 696-2800

I see Dr Cuming and love him.  I do not do the delayed vac schedule, but I am breastfeeding.  He is supportive of breastfeeding, never once mentioned formula to me, even when she was with the 5th percentile for a couple of months.  He takes all the time with you that you need.  I can always get in to see him the same day if my LO is sick.

• Options
    nattnnattn member

I use Dr. Gideon at Helotes Pediatrics. She takes all the time she needs to answer any questions. We do delayed vaccinations and she doesn't mind. She supports breastfeeding. I'm not sure about homebirths. The office staff is super nice, but the wait time can be long. I think that happens with any doctor that spends time answering questions, they just get behind. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"