VBAC

Dr. advised against VBAC, so I guess it's a no go.

ambs21ambs21 member
I was really hoping for a VBAC, but after discussing with my Dr. today, it looks like we'll just schedule the c-s.  I'm surprisingly not disappointed.  She really listened to me and talked to me about both options.  She said it was ultimately my choice, but she thinks because of some other surgeries I've had that I'm a higher risk for complications with a VBAC.  I certainly want to do what's best and safest for both me and baby, so I am taking her advice.  I think I would be really frustrated and sad if she hadn't taken time to talk about benefits/risks of both for me specifically.  I appreciate that she's looking at the whole picture and paying attention to my specific case and medical history.  Thanks so much for all of your help and support in discussing VBAC, but I guess I'm out.  I hope all of you ladies get the deliveries you hope to and that you and your babies all remain happy and healthy!  Thanks for having me here for a while!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dr. advised against VBAC, so I guess it's a no go.

• I'm sorry to hear that.  Have you had prior uterine surgeries?  We get questions about that on here sometimes.

Maybe you can talk to your doctor about how you would like your c/s to go--I think a lot of people feel better about having a second c/s when they feel like they have more input than they did the first time around.  I always hear that scheduled c/s are very nice experiences and I wish you the best. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ambs21ambs21 member
    imageiris427:

I'm sorry to hear that.  Have you had prior uterine surgeries?  We get questions about that on here sometimes.

Maybe you can talk to your doctor about how you would like your c/s to go--I think a lot of people feel better about having a second c/s when they feel like they have more input than they did the first time around.  I always hear that scheduled c/s are very nice experiences and I wish you the best. 

Yes, I've had 2 uterine procedures as well as a couple of other abdominal surgeries for complications from gallstones.  It makes sense that those would add risks, but I was still hopeful. Oh well!  My Dr. did mention that before we schedule the c/s we will have an appt to discuss a birth plan.  I was happy to hear that she wants my input and wants me to be involved in the plan.  I really love and trust her, so that makes this much easier to take.  Thanks so much for your support and kind words!

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear that.  I've heard that a RCS has an easier recovery than the first.  I hope that's the case for you.
  • How refreshing that your doc brought up a birth plan even with the c/s.  Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lkf041lkf041 member

imagecchill01:
    Sorry to hear that.  I've heard that a RCS has an easier recovery than the first.  I hope that's the case for you.

Sorry vbac isn't an option, but the above statement was true for me! My RCS was 100x better than my first C. Good luck and wishing you a fast recovery when the time comes!

DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagechicsub:
    How refreshing that your doc brought up a birth plan even with the c/s.  Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Totally agree with this!  Sounds like you have a great doctor. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"