Linea nigra at 5 weeks?! — The Bump
Pregnant after a Loss

Linea nigra at 5 weeks?!

Yesterday I noticed a line running from pubic to navel and, at first, I thought it was an imprint from my jeans.  Then I realized I definitely don't wear waist high jeans (aka Mom Jeans.)

I never realized that it could show up so early.  I always assumed it was something that appears for some women during the 2nd and 3rd tri when their bellies start to grow.  I can't stop staring at it... I love it!

Did it show early for anyone else?

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Linea nigra at 5 weeks?!

• Mine showed up about a month ago while in my first trimester. DH pointed it out, but mine is more prominent from the top of my belly down to my belly button, and then only a slight line from my belly button down.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine showed up like 2 weeks ago.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Loading the player...
  • I swear that I have had a very faint linea negra for years!  But it's slightly darker now and it goes a little above my belly button now too.  I think it showed up (darkened) sometime in the middle of my first trimester...so for me, pretty early.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
    BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    *Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
    *Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
    *Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
  • Mine showed up pretty early too, sometime during early 1st trimester.  It was probably one of my first "symptoms".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine started to appear at around 6wks, just a very, very faint line from navel to pubis. Now it's gotten considerably darker and has started to grow upwards from my naval. I love it too!!
    image Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1 1/20/2011 - ectopic: D&C and methotrexate at 6 wks
    BFP #2 4/23/2011 - EDD 1/7/2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards