Houston Babies
Options

Moms of Late Talkers

I'm sure most of you have seen or read this:

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2011/06/29/peds.2010-2782.abstract?sid=0768bc79-3ed0-44d3-a74c-be05d01595c4

You can download the full text of the study from the link.

A little bright spot in what can sometimes seem a daunting place.  When DH read it the first time he said; "I keep saying that C will be fine," and we think he will.  It's still hard not to think that it was something I did to cause it though.

Re: Moms of Late Talkers

• Options
    I can't speak to the late talking issue but I know the "What did I do that might have caused this?" feeling well and I battle it regularly.   So {{hugs}} to you.
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options

that's a pretty cool study

and as an antidote, I asked my pedi about at Eliza's 9 month appt and he said that FWIW, his middle son didn't talk until he was 3.5 years old.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My younger brother didn't talk until he was 3 either. Once he started, he never stopped!
  • Options

According to nutso MIL, DH didn't talk until he was 4.  There's certainly nothing wrong with him now.

I continue to hope that Cameron won't take after him in the talking department (at least not to that extreme), but he's not saying very much we can understand so far.  To someone who started speaking in phrases at 8 months old, this is hard to adjust to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"