Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

She has strep WHERE?!?!?

Her tush.

That's right, there is such a thing as "peri-anal strep." WTF? DD had a diaper rash for almost 2 months, we tried EVERYTHING! All diaper creams known to man, anti fungals, cloth diapers, diaper free as much as possible, changed diaper brands, etc. This child had the diaper rash from hell and she was sooooo sad. We took her to the pedi but she was misdiagnosed the first time (wasn't our regular pedi, not that that should make a difference)....2nd time we took her they took one look and gave her some oral anitbiotics, cleared the damn thing right up in 2 days. My poor baby. Just want to share my knowledge in case anyone else should encoutner this awful rash...

Re: She has strep WHERE?!?!?

• I have never heard of that. Glad your LO got things cleared up finally.
  • well, all pregnant women are tested for vaginal beta strep before delivery.. and strep is a common skin infection risk, so it makes sense.  I haven't heard of it much though. Hope all clears up well!
  • Loading the player...
  • DH and I both had strep throat. About a week later, I took DS in because of a rash on his penis.  It was strep!  Never heard of that before.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, you can even get something called strep flora, which means it just sits on the skin. I guess there's like 100 different strains of strep. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD had it recently. Fun times. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"