Austin Babies
Options

giving up the paci

so we're giving it up again. I got H excited about our upcoming Sweden trip with the promise of a visit to the super cool animal park/ cultural center in Stockholm.

There it's a sorta of tradition to take you paci's and give them to the kittens. The caretakers string the pacis up after you leave them for the kittens and it's cute and stuff. 

H has been super happy at the idea. He says, "paci meow kitty" so awesome blossom right??? 

Mostly. 

He's mouthing like a crazy mouthing thing.  He smacks his lips and sticks his tongue out a bit and just makes generally annoying sounds/actions with his mouth. I ask him if he's sure he wants to give the paci to the kittens and he sits up and says YEAH. So I'm guessing he's ready, but dang this is annoying.

Tell me it's a phase and he'll stop in a few days (weeks). It's been maybe 4 days now :) Set my mind at ease please :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: giving up the paci

• Options

and we were up until 9:30 tonight. 2 hours past bedtime. ugh.

• Options

No idea on the noises, but DD just gave up her paci at bedtime (she had given it up for every other time of day a couple of months ago, we just couldn't pull the trigger on bedtime; we're weak), and the sleep issues lasted about a week and she's good now.

Good luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any paci advice, but I love the idea of giving it tot he kittens!  What a cool tradition.  :)
  • Options
    imagefjaril:

He's mouthing like a crazy mouthing thing.  He smacks his lips and sticks his tongue out a bit and just makes generally annoying sounds/actions with his mouth. I ask him if he's sure he wants to give the paci to the kittens and he sits up and says YEAH. So I'm guessing he's ready, but dang this is annoying.

Tell me it's a phase and he'll stop in a few days (weeks). It's been maybe 4 days now :) Set my mind at ease please :)

Bring this up to H's SLP. She should have some ideas. 

And ditto kiarox, I love giving the paci to the kittens. Cuuuute.

• Options

Totally didn't think about the SLP being able to help! I'll talk to them this afternoon.

I can totally handle a week :) I think :p 

thanks gals :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"