November 2011 Moms

Just for fun....how did you meet?

2»

Re: Just for fun....how did you meet?

• image25thHour:
    DH and I met through Yahoo! Messenger! He was actually talking to my best friend at the time, but they weren't each other's "type" so she decided I needed to talk to him. I invited him to come shoot pool with us and fell in love with him that night at the country bar. (There's nothing like a boy in boots and Wranglers spinning you around the dance floor!) 

I totally agree.  There is nothing better than boys who wear boots and Wranglers and knows how to dance.  I met DH in a country bar.  It's so nice to date a guy who knows how to dance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH worked in the grocery store and I worked at the restaurant inside the store.  He came in every night and ate on his break.  I hung out with his brother, but didn't know they were related.  His brother and I were walking around the store and I said "he is so hot".  He looked at me and said "ahhh, that's my brother".  He told him I liked him, DH asked me out and this November it will be 13 years since we started dating.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • We met in high school when I was in my freshman year. His best friend was dating a friend of mine. We didn't hit it off because he completely grossed me out by "making" the veins in his arm pop out. Jocks can be very gross! He kept trying for a date with me until he graduated 2 years later. It wasn't until he moved away and matured some more that I became interested in him. We've been together since December 2000, and married since June 2002. We have a wonderful 4 yo DD and now a DS on the way. I can't imagine life without any of them, ILs yes...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • High school band Embarrassed  After having a crush on him for a couple years, I finally got up the guts to ask him to be my date to senior prom.  The rest is history!
  • imagespacey281:
    imagePhCaulfield:

imagespacey281:
    My husband and I met on some shared internet dating site - mine was through The Onion and his was through Austin 360.  We talked for two hours before I realized he was in Austin and I was in NYC.  I was hooked.  We met in person three months later after talking on the phone for hours each night, and I moved a month after that.  We've been together for nearly 6 years and married for nearly 2 years.  We are not spontaneous or adventurous people.  We just really make sense together.

spacey281: Somehow I missed that you are in Austin.....I am too--love it here! I love your exercise posts. I've been a lot lazier lately, despite the fact that I stayed super active through the first tri.

My husband and I met in San Antonio my last semester of college. He had moved there for a job and was neighbors with one of my college friends. 3 months after meeting we moved to San Francisco together. We were both feeling the post-college romance adventure bug.

Thanks!  I've been way lazy the last week.  I just can't seem to find my motivation.  That always happens when I take a couple days off :)

When did you move to Austin?  It's a great city.  

Very late reply.....we've been in Austin for about 3 years. It was the only place we wanted to live in Texas after being in San Francisco, and it does feel a lot more like home that California.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"