December 2010 Moms
Options

How worried would YOU be?

So for about 10 days now Lucas has been running a VERY low grade fever.  It's normal when he wakes up and slowly gets higher during the day, by bed time it is usually slightly over 100.  The highest was Sunday, it was 100.6.  Last night was 100.2.  We went to the doctor on Monday (was 100.2 there) and they ruled out all the usual things, ears and such.  The ran a CBC and said his white blood count was a little off, but still within "parameters" which could indicate he had a slight virus and was fighting it off.  We followed up today.  It was 99.2 at the office, which isn't technically a fever since below 100 but still slightly higher than normal.  They ran another CBC and said the white count looks better.  Not GREATLY better but better than it was Monday.  We are in watch and see mode basically.  He has his regular 6 mos appt (3 weeks late!) on next Thursday and our regular doctor will run another CBC and see what his temps have been (I'm taking it 3 times a day and keeping track of them) and decide if she wants to run a full blood panel.  The doctor today told me NOT TO WORRY, it's is 99.9% positively nothing.  Yeah right.  That means there is a 0.01% chance it is something!  

So, how worried would YOU be?  Would you call and ask for a FULL blood panel now or just let it ride another week?  :) 

Edited to Add - his only other "symptoms" is being SLIGHTLY more fussy but not really much more and he is sleeping better, but he also hit 6 mos so that could just be developmental as well.  He still eats great, plays, etc... 

Re: How worried would YOU be?

• Options
    imageRyeCatcher:

Is he getting teeth?  Kids can run low grade fevers during teething and that would explain the fussiness too.

That was our first thought but nope!  He has both his bottoms in and doctor said she feels nothing on top. :( 

• Options
    It sounds like teething to me, maybe your pedi is just being overly cautious?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Formerly Je*lastname*. Started a new account because I couldn't get my SN changed to something less personal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would not be very worried since his last temp check & cell count have improved. 1ht

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    is that a rectal temp or underarm?
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options
    DD had slightly elevated temps for about 2 weeks right around 2 months.  They ran several blood panels, took urine, did swabs, etc., etc. and they could never find anything wrong with her, other than a "virus".  I was really worried at the time, but so far, it's turned out to be fine.  I know it's hard, but try to relax and wait the week (unless of course temps spike).  I hated to put her through all of that for what amounted to nothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

The temps are all rectal.  Poor baby now knows the therm by sight and freaks out when I take it out.  Ugh!  :(  

I'm gonna just wait it out and see how it goes since it seems to be getting better.. :)  Thanks all! :) 

• Options
    Ava had this for two weeks, ranging from 99.6-101.6. I took her into the doctor multiple times (she even had to have a urinary cath to check for a UTI, poor thing). It just went away. Sorry you're going through this.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

I'd be worried, except for the 99.9% figure. So if I trusted my doctor I would not be worried. I just don't know where she got those odds from.

I would also wait the extra week regardless. GOOD LUCK!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"