May 2011 Moms
Options

? - Pumping at Work

The school year will start back up soon and I will have to go back to work.  Do I still pump every 3 hours or can I wait longer periods during the work day?  What do you do?

I teach kindergarten and am trying to figure a schedule for working/pumping.

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
FET #4 February 12, 2014
POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: ? - Pumping at Work

• Options

I try and pump twice, but usually only was able to do it once a day during my planning period. 

That always worked for me, my body just adjusted to the demand at that time of the day and I could usually pump around 10-16 oz. during that session, so it was enough for 3 bottles during the day. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is my plan (I teach 1st grade):
    7:00 nurse before leaving home
    10:30 or 11:00 pump at lunch
    1:00 or 1:30 pump during prep
    4:00 nurse when I get home (This may be later some days. If I am going to be at work late, I will pump before I pick kids up if I need to.) Then I will nurse allevening as needed.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Adding to above - I am going to let my boobs guide me in the afternoon, lol. If I am feeling really full, I will leave at 3:30 to get the kids. If I am not, I may stay at work longer. I would prefer NOT to pump before getting the kids - I would rather nurse Ashley at home.
    ~Lisa~
  • Options

Great, thanks!

I was wondering if my boobs would adjust or just decrease in supply.  Hopefully they just adjust!

Last menstral cycle 9/09 Initial diagnosis PCOS (11/09) Provera (x2), P4 injection. Final Diagnosis POF (2/10) 
    Donor ER 8/27/10 -- ET 9/1/10 Beta 9/10/10=BFP! May 6th 2011 - Our sweet little bear was born!
    FET #2 July 3, 2014 - BFP!
    M/C @ 9 weeks

FET #3 November 8, 2013 - BFN
    FET #4 February 12, 2014
    POAS (I cheated) BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You will probably have some engorged days as your body adjusts, but supply should adapt to it. After a short time, your body will learn it's new schedule. I exclusively pumped with DD1 for almost a year and NEVER had a supply issue. (Yes, I know everyone is different!) Infact, I had a huge oversupply the entire time. I was able to stop pumping about 9 months in and she was still on frozen BM until just after a year.

But just keep an eye on your production and adjust what you need to when necessary. I have found that the number 1 thing to help supply is hydration. The more you drink water, the more you will produce. If you find your supply is dipping, I would increase water intake FIRST before adding herbs and medications. Then, moving to things like oatmeal and other foods that help supply.

~Lisa~
  • Options

My schedule once I go back will look something like this:

6:30 am- nurse DD before work

9:30 am- pump

1:30 pm- pump

5:30 pm- nurse DD when we get home from work/daycare, and again before she goes down for bed (7 or 8'ish).  

I will probably pump once more before I go to bed (10'ish).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel like I'm about to burst if I go more than three hours. I end up pumping two or three times. If I only pump twice then I have to either pump or feed right when I get home and sometimes both. Good luck!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"