Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Hole in Nipple? Defective??

I have a really weird nipple issue. Sorry if this is somehow TMI.

I am breast feeding, and it's as if there's a literal invisible hole in the side of my right nipple. Whenever I letdown milk, it literally "springs a leak." I don't mean a slow dribble ... but it's like a fountain. Milk will shoot in an arc shape, with no signs of slowing. I've been trying to plug it, until I can get it in LO's mouth, otherwise it could shoot like a fire house under pressure. It's unreal. The other day, it went all over my baby's eyes, face, forehead, clothes -- and I felt so bad! I'm practically drowning my baby.

Is my nipple defective, or is there anyone else who's had a similar issue? When I BF in public, I always favor my left breast for this reason. Otherwise, it's a total mess. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hole in Nipple? Defective??

• Options

My left breast is that way. There are multiple streams of milk that come out, and sometimes just squirt everywhere!!!

I remember things getting better the older my first got, so the problem shouldn't last forever! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

You are not defective - no one has milk that just comes out of the very center. It sounds like you just have an "outlet" with good flow on that side.   

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My right side is ridiculous and sprays everywhere... I have been feeding twice on each side which has helped slow the flow a little. LO also stays latched better now than the first couple months. I also avoid feeding on that side in public... it's too messy and difficult to be discrete!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    this post made me laugh :)  I have no advice but I'm jealous... I'm having supply issues and would give anything to get a firehose flow, even if it was out the side!  LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"