Attachment Parenting
Options

SSC

I would like to get an SSC so that I can wear one twin and put the other in my shopping cart or get stuff done around the house when one is benig fussy.  I have done a lot of research and am unsure of which SSC to purchase.  I don't think that I want a ring sling.  I have considered a mei tei but want to give the kids the option to forward face out.  I think that I have narrowed to the Gemini and Pikkolo but dont know which to purchase.  I am also a little put off by the excess straps on the buckles.  Does anyone have any experience with these carriers?  Are the straps annoying?  Are there any other SSCs that I should consider?  Should I give more thought to a mei tei?

I am 5'4" and medium framed.  The twins are 10 pounds and 14 pounds at 10 weeks.  I really appreciate your help.

U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: SSC

• Options
    Ergos, Kinderpacks, Bamberoos are other good SSC brands. I don't know if you've been directed over to www.thebabywearer.com yet- they have a FSOT forum where you can purchase used carriers that are in great condition for less than they retail. HTH!
  • Options
    I love my Gemini and have used it virtually every day since DD was 3 months. It is easy and simple to put on when you get a hold of it and I like the different carries (forward, inward and back carry). The straps can actually be rolled up to as short as you want, there is a little elastic band on the end of each strap, so I never have to deal with excess strap. I tried the Ergo and it was too low for me, I am 5'3" and normal weight so it sounds like you would be fine with it too. That said my nanny uses it often too and she is much taller than me. I think the advantages of the Gemini over a Meitei is the cushioned straps, but Meiteis come in so many brands and colors so it is hard to compare directly. Good luck choosing.
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love my pikkolo. I got it when lo was about 6 months old, as my baby bjorn was just not supportive enough.  I can still carry her in it, and she's almost 2 years old! From what I understand, the pikkolo body is a bit larger than the gemini, so you might get more use out of it.  I never tried a gemini, but did try a butterfly - the pikkolo fit me much better - fit closer to the body.  (I am 5' 5", smaller shoulder frame but bigger hips.)

My sister just recently purchased a pikkolo, and they have already updated things like the straps (that you are now able to roll up), etc., that make it even better.

Happy to help if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"