December 2010 Moms
Options

Solids and constipation

So apparently, both apples and bananas make DD pretty constipated.  We spent most of last week on a diet of prunes, pears, and apple juice to try to help her out.  Since she likes both, I don't want to eliminate them entirely, but should I for the time being?  Should I just alternate them with a fruit like prunes (ie if I give her bananas today, give her prunes tomorrow?)  Ideas?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Solids and constipation

• Options

You could alternate, or maybe blend them? I blend apples & pears figuring they'll cancel each other out!

I give bananas, apples & rice cereal all in moderation since they are binding foods.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS gets "stuck" easily and his ped recommended pairing the binding fruits with p-fruits or other high-fiber foods/fruits.... like apples and blueberries, bananas and pears, apples and peaches, bananas and plums, etc.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm trying to give G prunes every 2nd or 3rd day for the same reason.  All day today I've been thinking "I hope she pooped at daycare today!"  Confused

• Options

imageheyitsme:
    DS gets "stuck" easily and his ped recommended pairing the binding fruits with p-fruits or other high-fiber foods/fruits.... like apples and blueberries, bananas and pears, apples and peaches, bananas and plums, etc.

this

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  We've only been doing single ingredients so far, but I'll have to start doing some combinations.  I never realized I'd spend so much time hoping that someone else pooped.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I didn't know bananas were binding until LO spent this past weekend backed-up.  Oops. Embarrassed  I felt pretty awful.  Now I am trying to combine foods so that doesn't happen again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"