1st Trimester
Options

Piece of advice from new mom: weight gain

13»

Re: Piece of advice from new mom: weight gain

• Options

Married - I really hope that you were joking, but if you were not, you need to get help. Seriously.  First, unless you were overweight to begin with, you actually gained a bit less than the normal recommended amount that pregnant women are supposed to gain.  And now you're basically saying you wish you had gained even less.  That's bascially like saying you wish you had put your baby at risk for a couple of measley pounds that I'm sure will come off. 

Not only that, you're so deluded in your thinking that you feel the need to come onto a board to a bunch of anxious newly pregnant women and suggest to them that they gain less than 20 pounds.  That is really, really alarming.

Please get counseling, for your own sake and the sake of your child.  You clearly have eating and weight issues that you need to deal with.

• Options

GESTATIONAL not GESTANTIONAL

and gestational diabetes has to do with how your body processes sugar, it's not because you've gained tons of weight eating junk food!!!

Granted, eating the wrong things won't help you any and CAN raise your blood sugar but just because you eat junk food doesn't mean that you are going to get GD. If you get it, it's not your fault and all you can do is try and maintain a healthy blood glucose level. 

1/8/12 Confection Shrug Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Unrealistic body images are so hot right now.

• Options

EXCITED- I'm meet you @ McD's I've been craving a Big Mac!!

This a little much for me. Enjoy your baby and stop stressing over 2 flipping lbs.

• Options
    Seriously? You're bitching because 3 weeks after having your baby you're still carrying 2 lbs. You're a stupid ***.
    image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options
    How about we all slap the crap out of her?  I am sure that will make her loose those last two pesky pounds.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagecalhoun05:

Married - I really hope that you were joking, but if you were not, you need to get help. Seriously.  First, unless you were overweight to begin with, you actually gained a bit less than the normal recommended amount that pregnant women are supposed to gain.  And now you're basically saying you wish you had gained even less.  That's bascially like saying you wish you had put your baby at risk for a couple of measley pounds that I'm sure will come off. 

Not only that, you're so deluded in your thinking that you feel the need to come onto a board to a bunch of anxious newly pregnant women and suggest to them that they gain less than 20 pounds.  That is really, really alarming.

Please get counseling, for your own sake and the sake of your child.  You clearly have eating and weight issues that you need to deal with.

Yes, this

MTML and I went through the tri boards together and I don't think she's a bad person or creating MUD.  Our pets both got very sick during the third tri and she was really nice to me about it.  So I don't want to flame her.  But this post worries me. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

WOW. I really did not think this was a big deal.at.all.

My mistake for even thinking I should have posted this. I should not have. I apologize.

• Options

might I remind the group that it takes 9 months to gain all of the weight.  plus most dr's will not give you clearance to exercise until 6 wks pp.

3 weeks?  seriously?  that's disgusting that you're upset about that.

post that on the 0-6 and 6-12 brds and see how well that goes over.

trying not to gain "too much" weight while pregnant is not healthy for DC.  I care about my body but at 3 wks pp with DS #1 how I looked was the least of my concerns.

• Options

She apologized. Wow, at least she didn't DD.

MTML- please take good care of your daughter.

• Options
    late to the game but gotta say, my beautiful, HEALTHY baby boy is worth the extra 15 lbs I'm carrying around. My body did an amazing thing and I'm proud of it no matter how I look. Besides, I'd rather spend my time with my son than at the gym trying to lose the weight. I guess I have different priorities.
  • Options

Well since it's not MUD-- I just think maybe a new mom being overwhelmed, but please be careful of this... your weight is not something that should worry about right at this moment-- there is so many other things that I am sure are consuiming your time.. stay positive on those

Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • Options
    wow just wow I am four months pp and I have not even hit my post baby weight so i guess I am just fat.  Call me crazy but I am little to busy being a mommy to my sweet ds to worry about this at the moment.
    Angela and David married June 18 2005 TTC#1 25 months 1500mg metformin 100mg clomid Finaly BFP October 12/07 Mommy to Logan June 15 2008 and Ryleigh Nov 11 2010 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageexcitedforlittleone:
    OH and I'll be thinking of you two when I'm downing my McDonalds double cheeseburger and fries!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
    ~Emily & Scott est. 6.9.07
    ~BFP 8.8.08 = Andrew Liam 4.24.09
    ~BFP 2.4.11 natural mc 2.27.11 7w5d
    ~BFP 10.16.11, Due 6.24.12, praying this baby grows!
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v235/Emilyd422/?action=view
  • Options
    imageexcitedforlittleone:
    OH and I'll be thinking of you two when I'm downing my McDonalds double cheeseburger and fries!
  • Options

wow, I can't post!  Haha.  I meant to say I'll be thinking of all of you with my quarter pounder with cheese, fries, and vanilla milkshake.

GOd help me, I've already gained about 10+ pounds and I'm only 14 weeks.  Looks like I'm doomed to ONLY gain 20.  Oh well.  I'm pretty happy to have this little life in me and not too concerned with the vanity of it all.

• Options
    are you freaking kidding me?
    Rylee - 3.28.08
    Malakai - 8.3.09
    Ezra - 12.1.11 ASD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"