1st Trimester
Options

Piece of advice from new mom: weight gain

Re: Piece of advice from new mom: weight gain

• Options
    I think it's great if you were able to avoid the "mcdonals" cravings that I have every day and eat really healthy for your whole pregnancy. I think gaining 20 lbs. is healthy and hopefully you were doing everything right.. however, you should really not expect to get a nice reaction when you complain that you need to lose 2 lbs? Does that not sound a bit ridiculous to you? I am a small girl (105 lbs) and my weight fluctuates daily +/- 2 lbs.  I wouldn't even notice if I had 2 lbs. to lose?? If you eat so healthy, you shouldn't be worrying about it OR weighing yourself everyday! Enjoy life.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Please understand that you may have "issues" with your weight-- but it;s not healthy and it's not healthy to project that on to women who are in the beginning of their pregnancies. 

Exactly. 

Now I'm off to go find a donut w/ my name on it.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepapillonlover:
    You should eat very well for your pregnancy and I do. BUT I don't eat fast food and junk food. There's a difference between eating well and eating crap! I think it's crap when women gain 80 pounds or so during pregnancy. Ever hear of the word gestantional diabetes????

STFU! You are so ignorant! Go educate yourself! Women don't get GD because they eat nothing but junk or fast food!

I hope your skinny ass gains 80 *** pounds during your pregnancy!

• Options

imagepapillonlover:
    You should eat very well for your pregnancy and I do. BUT I don't eat fast food and junk food. There's a difference between eating well and eating crap! I think it's crap when women gain 80 pounds or so during pregnancy. Ever hear of the word gestantional diabetes????

You twatwaffle.  This post wasn't about eating healthy, it was about vanity.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    I'm sure you're a really sweet person but this post really makes you come across like a very shallow person.
  • Options
    maybe you needed that two pounds.  maybe you should realized that there are more important things in life. 
  • Options
    Oh man. Sorry, i thought this was the original post. I think I need a nap.
  • Options

What?  Three weeks out and you still have two pounds to lose?  With DS I had lost ALL of my pg weight by three weeks, plus a few more, and I was still wearing a size bigger than before.   Too bad you can't loose those 2 lbs, don't you know you are setting a bad example for your daughter by carrying around two whole extra pounds?  FFS, get over yourself.

But really, who cares if you still have two lbs to lose.   Your body has been thorough so much in the past 10 months, and it is just going to take a while to get it back to the way it was.  

And to the rest of you, DON'T WORRY about it!  The stress is bad for baby, as is making sure you don't gain too much wieght.   If your doctor says you are okay, YOU ARE!

• Options
    someone made a comment about unhealthy eating. OMG, you girls are so ridiculous!!!! Off to eat a pc of celery!!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa////
  • Options
    imageEastCoastBride:

Please understand that you may have "issues" with your weight-- but it;s not healthy and it's not healthy to project that on to women who are in the beginning of their pregnancies. 

Exactly. 

Now I'm off to go find a donut w/ my name on it.

Can you bring me back one?Big Smile

Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • Options
    Her daughters going to spit up and she's going to be so proud that her baby's already concerned with her self image.

Keegan Patrick - Bilateral Clubfeet found at Anatomy Scan. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker www.facebook.com/portraitave

• Options
    Honestly, you have issues and need help.  Most people don't drop 20 pounds in three weeks and you should be happy that you did that.  Losing two pounds will not be an issue. It takes some women months or years to lose their baby weight. You have a beautiful baby, I think that's what you should be focusing on.
  • Options

imagepapillonlover:

You are a stupid turd. I have eaten well for my pregnancy, I walk 3-4x week, I have gained 7 pounds in my pregnancy and I just failed my 3 hr glucose test. You need to educate yourself before coming over here spewing a bunch or bullsh!t.

Oh, and just so you know, it's spelled "gestational." Way to go Webster!

• Options

imagepapillonlover:

get your facts straight before you go off creating rumors on how to prevent GD please.

• Options
    Her poor daughter is going to have a heck of a time with her body image. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I have to laugh at this post a bit. All MarriedtomyLove did for most of her pregnancy was complain that she wasn't showing! (We went through 2nd and 3rd tri together...she was constantly asked why she refused to clean her mirrors, it was a weekly ordeal). She isn't a bad egg but this post is pretty stupid. I am 1 week post partum and have lost all my pregnancy weight! Woo freaking hoo. I also gained barely anything because I was overweight to begin with.

P.S. Papillion lover, anyone can get GD. I didn't, and I guarantee I am bigger than 99% of the mamas here. Big, small, tall, short, it just "happens". Hopefully not to you. 

• Options

I've been trying to figure out how to reply to this for the last 10 minutes.

There are recommended weight gain guidelines for a reason. A developing fetus needs a certain amount of nutrients, and your body needs a certain amount to support pregnancy and recover from birth. I sincerely hope your baby doesn't suffer any developmental problems as a result of your stupidity.

• Options

LMAO at how this post totally backfired on her Crying

DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    I am going out on a limb-- is this MUD.  Nobody can really be this ignorant about pregnancy weight gain can they?
    Mom of 3 year old, one year old and one on the way (due late Summer 2013).
  • Options
    HappyHeart, definitely not MUD.
  • Options
    some of you need to read up on information on gestational diabetes before speaking! 
  • Options

imagepapillonlover:
    some of you need to read up on information on gestational diabetes before speaking! 

Please educate us.

• Options
    I don't think you'd understand. go eat your donut.
  • Options
    imageJessimurph:

imagepapillonlover:

Please educate us.

Yes, please explain to me why I have GD Obi Wan Kenobi.

I still stand by my earlier statement. You are a stupid turd.  

• Options

imagepapillonlover:

From the American Diabetes Association:

"Pregnant women who have never had diabetes before but who have high blood sugar (glucose) levels during pregnancy are said to have gestational diabetes. Gestational diabetes affects about 4% of all pregnant women - about 135,000 cases of gestational diabetes in the United States each year.

We don't know what causes gestational diabetes, but we have some clues. The placenta supports the baby as it grows. Hormones from the placenta help the baby develop. But these hormones also block the action of the mother's insulin in her body. This problem is called insulin resistance. Insulin resistance makes it hard for the mother's body to use insulin. She may need up to three times as much insulin.

Gestational diabetes starts when your body is not able to make and use all the insulin it needs for pregnancy. Without enough insulin, glucose cannot leave the blood and be changed to energy. Glucose builds up in the blood to high levels. This is called hyperglycemia."

So apparently you know that diet causes GD and the ADA doesn't.  You must be a really accomplished research scientist. 

• Options
    imageMegDC:

imagepapillonlover:

So apparently you know that diet causes GD and the ADA doesn't.  You must be a really accomplished research scientist. 

Love it!  

• Options

Meg, I was totally searching the web looking for something to refute the madness!  I am glad you beat me to it!!  Hard to argue with cold hard facts!! 

::applauds Meg::

• Options
    I am a zen master of Google.
  • Options

imageMegDC:

I would like to have a love affair with you, please, you blonde goddess of Google.

• Options

You're complaining about 2 lbs. not coming off???  In the 3 weeks since you've given birth?!  And you only gained 20 lbs. to begin with??   I gained almost 35 lbs. in my first pregnancy, and lost almost all of it...in about 5 1/2 months.  So, yeah, I know it takes awhile.  Ugh.

And, by the way, my dr. had no problems with my weight gain. 

Natalie 7.27.07/Lukas 5.29.09/Noah 3.4.11/Brooke 7.31.12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're a complete farking idiot!  Eating poorly is barely a factor at all in gestational diabetes.  I have a ton of risks and was afraid I wouldn't pass, but it had nothing to do with what I ate pregnant!  It has more to do with GENETICS, age, and weight BEFORE pregnancy.  Let me add that these are merely risk factors and do not in any way mean you will have GD.  GD can strike anyone, as it mostly has to do with the body having trouble with insulin production due to the hormones given off by the placenta.  If you're going to pass on information, please check it for correctness.  Besides, for those wonderful women having to do with GD, you basically just made them feel like shite.  Way to go!  Now go back to your corner and hide.
  • Options
    I am so terrified for your daughter who will have to grow up with this intense pressure on them to be the perfect weight. Will you harrass you child if she gains two pounds? Will you have her on the scale every morning at age 2? From experience - she will either end up anorexic or fat and she will resent you either way. Please get you own issues under control before you pass them off on you child. She doesn't deserve to inherit your baggage.
  • Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

imageMegDC:

I would like to have a love affair with you, please, you blonde goddess of Google.

You busy later? ::Winks::

• Options
    imageMegDC:
    imageBlairWaldorf:

imageMegDC:

You busy later? ::Winks::

Never too busy for you.  ::bats lashes::

• Options
    imageexcitedforlittleone:

imagepapillonlover:
    Well, you seem to be a bit hard on yourself since it's only been three weeks but good for you for already losing most of the weight! Who wants to be a heffer afterwards!!!!!  I'm watching everything I eat so I don't have too much of a problem either!

Wow.  You are a real gem as well.  NONE of us want to be heffers after we give birth but if that is the price I pay for a healthy pregnancy and baby then bring on the hefferness!!! PLEASE!

Agreed!  After the h*ll I went through to get pg, being a bit tubby afterwards is going to be the least of my worries.

• Options

Congrats for losing the weight. It took me over a year with my first one to lose the weight.

I do want to caution you though on passing any weight issues you have to your DD. I had a roommate in college who was bulemic and it stemmed back to her mom. Her mom was crazy about weight and in turn passed that along to  her daughter. It was horrible to watch and L resented her mom for a very long. Be careful what you do/say with your DD - she will pick up on that and it could very well backfire on you.

• Options
    You know, when you have a baby, your body does change. Consider yourself lucky that you only have 2 lbs that you "can't lose". In all reality, with the way your body changes you should expect to be 5 pounds heavier in the end. Furthermore, you cannot even exercise yet if you are only 3 weeks PP. Quit your b!tchin until you can actually do something about it.
  • Options
    It's been 3 weeks. Give it time.
  • Options

Not to mention, gaining 20 lbs during pregnancy does not cause GD. Gaining 20 lbs is what my OB recommends for his OVERWEIGHT patients.

Chillax

• Options
    Advice: resolve your unhealthy body image issues before you get pregnant. Your doctor's opinion of your weight and diet is the only one that counts. Don't post crap advice, it's not appreciated.
    ~AJR~ Mama to BabyJollyRancher, born May 2009. Formerly known as SluttyRedDressRealtor, JennynJim4eva, hoping4octopus, doodlybugs, rahrahrissa, soon2bmzzhasslehoff, IStealBananasSoWhat?, ipinkpuffyheartpuppies, .aaron, pigsinspace, brrlygrrl, orangejollyrancher, HiRebekah, mangojollyrancher, and Insomniac (spelled correctly).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"