Washington Babies

FU frequent urination

After three days of "not a fever" 99.5 degrees and a miserable boy, we went to Children's urgent care.  He does indeed have a bladder infection.  I'm kicking myself for listening to two different nurses on Friday instead of bringing him in.  They say it'll take 48 hours for the meds to kick in (IF they got the right ones... they won't know the specific bacteria for a few days)... so he could have been feeling better by now.  Stupid momma guilt. 

We now need to have him officially tested for kidney reflux (he's had backed up kidneys since before birth), as bladder infections in a boy are a big symptom.  Poor guy. 

On the plus side, we never would have known about this issue if we weren't ECing, or at least it would be taken a lot longer to get to the bottom of.  We also were able to do a pretty effective sample catch at Children's, impressing the staff.  And diaper rash is a big issue for bacterial bladder infections, so being diaper free is a big plus.  If anyone is considering it, trust me, it really isn't that hard, and not that hippy.  :)  It seems like the most natural thing in the world to us now. 

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FU frequent urination

• What is ECing? I tried google but I got confused :) 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMaddimom:
    What is ECing? I tried google but I got confused :) 

Elimination Communication.  

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry.  I hate the term, but love the results.  I feel so damn pretentious saying it.  :) Thanks, Lynchie!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Bummer! Liam had a UTI when he was 4/5 months old and then had to have the  testing for  reflux.   It is a weird  looking procedure, but it went really smoothly for us and the  hardest part was getting him to lie  still.  Liam had  some refluxing but grew out of it without any treatment. 

I'm surprised he didn't have a higher fever...good for you for taking him in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He has to lie still?  We're screwed.  Tongue Tied

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageZista:
    He has to lie still?  We're screwed.  Tongue Tied

Ha!  I'm sure your little man will not be the first child who doesn't want to lie still for the test, and they'll have a plan to work around him.  I'm glad you're getting to the bottom of this right away - you are such an in-tune mama!  Don't beat yourself up.  You were listening to a nurse's advice, for Pete's sake!  The thing that matters now is that you're getting him the help he needs.  Hope he's on the mend soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageZista:

My niece had that test and if she did it he can do it! She will not be still for a second. He will do great!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • KNemoKNemo member
    Poor buddy. I hope he feels better soon.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I'm glad you trusted your gut. I hope he's better soon.
  • imageMaddimom:

imageZista:

My niece had that test and if she did it he can do it! She will not be still for a second. He will do great!

Good to know!  And doublem, you're right, they probably deal with squirmy kids all the time.  I swear ours thinks we're trying to murder him if we put him on his back.

Thanks all for your well wishes.  It's already looking to be a long night, poor guy. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm sorry! Jillian was hospitalized for a kidney infection just before she turned two months and had to have the testing done at children's too. The worst part was having to try and hold her down during the procedure-they had me stand at her head essentially trying to hold her down and calm her but she was not having it. It was probably harder on me than her, but not fun. :( Hope he starts feeling better soon and that the test results come back normal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh B, I'm so sorry.  Poor Isaac. :(  Good for you for listening to your mama's intuition and following through.  How awesome that your ECing helped you figure it out quickly.  There's no way that would work for us but I really admire you for doing it and having so much success, especially when it alerted you to this issue.  I'm sure the staff are pros at handling squirmy babies so I wouldn't worry about that too much.  Please keep us posted on how he's doing!  I will be thinking of you guys. Hugs!!

image Visit The Nest!

• Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon and I'm glad you trusted your gut and took him in.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"