Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

This annoys me. I know it does you too.

Because we've talked about it before.

There is a person on FB pleading for baby things because a friend of a friend is having a baby in day and has nothing. She even types nothing in all caps to tug at your heart strings.

Even in a situation where it's an accidental pregnancy and you're broke you have nine months to get your baby things. I have a really hard time not thinking you've just been sitting on your ass for nine months if you are having a baby any day and really have nothing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: This annoys me. I know it does you too.

• Options
    I'll stop begging.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Um, yeah. You have several months to put stuff together, and craiglist has a lot of things for cheap. Your baby doesn't NEED brand new everything. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    image1sTimeMom2Ella:
    I'll stop begging.
    Thank you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm with you here. There are many ways these days to buy baby items at a discount, both used and new. Really, if it came down to it there are only a few itmes that you MUST have for baby that aren't just for making life easier. You would do what you had to do if you were really in that situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekonyx2:
    Um, yeah. You have several months to put stuff together, and craiglist has a lot of things for cheap. Your baby doesn't NEED brand new everything. 

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

OMG YO!  I'm crowning and I have NO JUMPEROO!!!

meh. I totally agree. And the thing is, if you go to yard sales and consignment shops you can get amazing deals on sometimes barely used things. If I've learned one thing from those damn Duggars (other than how to wear my hair in crunchy wet/dry permed curls) its "buy used and save the difference"

Not everything has to come brand new from da Walmartz.

• Options

Damn, I was found out. lol

Anyway... I haven't seen that? It hasn't been posted on Mommyhood, I don't think. But yeah it would drive me insane. Way to scam people. I wonder if people actually send things?

• Options
    imageMegs12411:

LOL!

meh. I totally agree. And the thing is, if you go to yard sales and consignment shops you can get amazing deals on sometimes barely used things. If I've learned one thing from those damn Duggars (other than how to wear my hair in crunchy wet/dry permed curls) its "buy used and save the difference"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A friend of mine has a friend who is having twins.  She sent me a message the other day asking if I had any clothes or diapers that I didn't need.  1) I always NEED diapers.  2) I plan on having at least 1 more baby, so I'm keeping the clothes he's grown out of.  Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't work to afford your kids.  Jerks.
  • Options

Heck, if she couldn't afford to buy anything she could use a drawer as a bassinet, some old tee shirts cut up as cloth diapers and she can breastfeed for free. What else does she need?

• Options
    imageMegs12411:

Dead.  And more dead.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

No kidding, eff them. DD was unplanned, I didn't find out til I was 3 months along, lost my job at 6 months, and we still managed to get everything essential for her.

I have no sympathy for people who wait til the last second to prep for a baby, or those who freak out at 8 1/2 months because they have no idea how they'll pay for delivery costs or childcare.

Married since 09.06.08
    2012 Book Challenge: 20 of 50
    Sophia Leigh has arrived! 02.09.11
  • Options
    imageMegs12411:

/dead

Married since 09.06.08
    2012 Book Challenge: 20 of 50
    Sophia Leigh has arrived! 02.09.11
  • Options
    Drives be nuts! I have a friend who got rid of all of her baby things full knowing she wasn't done. Now she complains about having to buy everything again. Another friend asks me for clothes but we are not sure if we are finished having kids and I am not giving away anything until this shop is for sure closed down! I would be embarrassed to beg for baby stuff...or anything for that matter!
  • Options
    imageshoebox4:

Heck, if she couldn't afford to buy anything she could use a drawer as a bassinet

One of the DOCTORS I worked for until last week.. he and his wife used a drawer until their LO was almost 6 months old.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didn't have much when we had david, but he was early... And not much isn't nothing. Idiots.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options

My DD was an accident and I'm still in college and did not have much money.  My BF and I managed to get everything we needed and way before she was born.  In fact my friends used to tease me that it looked like the baby had been born three months before she was due just because I had the house completely set up over Christmas break knowing I wouldn't have time when school restarted.  Anyway I don't know how anyone could possibly wait right up to their due date to try and get the things they need.  We did get a lot of hand me downs for DD because we have a friend who has a girl a year older and they are done having kids.  However we did not ask her, it was just offered.  How annoying to make it seem like such a sad situation when she should have thought ahead.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    funny this was posted today, I was just hit up for my newborn stuff for a friend's employee who had "nothing" and was due in a matter of days.  I pulled out all the stuff I didn't care about and handed it over.  We had too much anyway, even if we have another LO.  I used it as an excuse to get rid of all the over the top pink crap and "grandma loves me" crap I got as hand me downs from others.  I kept the cute stuff that was more my taste in case we have another.  I felt kinda bad not handing over the cute stuff, but we're not rich by any means so I am not going to set myself up to have to re-buy should we have another girl just because someone else procrastinated (which boggles me).
  • Options
    I agree.  There's a good reason for pregnancies lasting 9 months- you need that long to get ready.  Plus, just because it's in stores doesn't mean you need it.  Really all you need is diapers, wipes, a few clothes and blankets.  Babies can survive without swings, exersaucers, playmats, bumbos, and all that other stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"