2nd Trimester
Options

Bloat vs. Baby Bump test

In first tri there is a lot of 'I'm already at showing at 6 weeks!' type posts, and then there would be debate about bloat vs. baby bump and how to tell the difference. I always loved Qmommy's response on how to tell the difference.

You lay on your stomach, and if your tummy squishes down, it's bloat. If it feels like your laying on a tennis ball, it's a baby.

At 12 weeks I rolled onto my stomach in bed and noticed it was uncomfortable and had to roll back onto my side. Now almost daily I roll onto my stomach to see what it feels like. I actually feel like I'm laying on a small hard ball as of today, and didn't think it would happen so early!

If you did this test, when did you first start to feel the 'tennis ball'?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bloat vs. Baby Bump test

• Options

I never did this "test" but I know what you're talking about.

It's basically recalling when it first became uncomfortable/impossible to lie on my tummy. I would say around 18  or 19 weeks maybe?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AbJamsAbJams member
    This time, 15 or 16 weeks. Last time I was still sleeping on my stomach at like, 21 weeks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    QmommyQmommy member

I do give pretty awesome responses!  :)  

With my DD I think it was 14 weeks.  With this one I could feel him/her at 11 weeks.   

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Haha, you do!

I also loved your BH post yesterday, on how to tell. 'It's like your belly is being sucked in at it's sides and your stomach looks like a ball'

I feel like I'll never be confused with your examples haha.

I was starting to wonder if I was crazy for feeling that ball feeling so early, but I guess I'm not alone if you feel/felt it around the same time as me.

• Options
    I will be 15 weeks tomorrow and I just started noticing it this week!! Exciting!

• Options

I can still lie on my stomach and not feel a ball because I had a bit of extra weight on me to begin with, so I don't know if the tennis ball thing works for everyone.  Also, I have a really large chest so anytime I lay down my whole upper body is just supported on my chest so there is less pressure overall on my stomach.

I know I am showing because my CNM said my uterus is sticking right out, she even showed my how to feel it and it is quite obviously there.  I am probably going to be HUGE by the time I finally pop! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That was a fun test!  I actually felt the tennis ball!  Good to know that some of my pudginess is the baby.  I'm just over 13 weeks.
    pregnancy Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i haven't done this test but everyone tells me i look pregnant & they can tell & none of my clothes fit so i guess it's a bump. i'm worried of how humungous i'm going to be. i'm a small person to begin w/- size 2 but already NONE of my clothes fit me.
  • Options
    im also due december 10th :) are you going to find out what you are having?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"