Secondary IF
Options

Clomid question

Hi!  I have been diagnosed with secondary infertility and PCOS after having 2 babies.  We are going to try for #3 soon, so my dr gave me clomid to help me ovulate, and progesterone to help start my period.  I took the clomid this month, then since my husband is still deployed and didn't make it back in time, started progesterone on day 15 to keep my cycle at a normal length.  I don't think I ovulated at day 14, but yesterday at day 20 I felt some pains and thought maybe I was ovulating.  Today I am having some spotting, which is unusual for me.  Anyone experience late ovulation on clomid and spotting?  Also, if I am starting my period, does anyone know if I should stop taking the progesterone?  I will call the dr on Monday if that's the case, just wondering if anyone else experienced this.  Thanks!

Re: Clomid question

• Options
    I usually 'O' cd 15,16 or 17 on Clomid...and off it too actually. I never went on Prog. while on Clomid and I never have spotting so I'm no help to you on those things.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    SB524SB524 member

It is possible to ovulate late. Are you being monitored by ultrasound or bloodwork? That's pretty much the only way to get an idea.

If you think your period is starting then you're supposed to discontinue the progesterone. It sounds like the pain you felt was your period starting. If you've been on the progesterone for 5 days now, that's about how long it takes on average to start. 

7/09 miracle DD born
    3/11 DX: lean PCOS/anovulatory
    9/11 ovarian drilling to remove cysts + 5mg Femara = BFN
    10/11 5 mg Femara again = BFP, ectopic pregnancy at 5w4d
    11/11 diagnosed with breast cancer
    12/11 bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction
    http://annefightsback.blogspot.com
    Dori
    "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always ovulated on day 16-17 with clomid but first round of femara I didn't ovulate until day 21.  Not sure about the spotting or progesterone.  Good luck!
  • Options

...you cant use OPKs right bc of the PCOS?  bc of this, they should especially be monitoring you....how are you supposed to know when you are ovulating???

i have had ovulatory spotting, but it was very light and it was not on clomid.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"