Multiples
Options

Today's dr.'s appt. - fluid levels, something new to obsess over

Had my cervical and bpp appt today at the MFM. Apparently my cervix took a nose dive again. She got two readings of 2.0 and 2.17. Go bedrest! The other thing that came up is that Baby B has almost double the fluid as Baby A. She said that both still have acceptable amounts but B's is on the verge of having too much and A too little. I was supposed to have another growth scan/cervical check in two weeks but they pushed it up to next week.

Does anyone have experience with low/high fluid levels? Is this something they would consider getting them out early over? I will be 32 weeks Saturday and am praying to at least get to 34.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Today's dr.'s appt. - fluid levels, something new to obsess over

• Options
    Are your twins Mo/Di or Di/Di? Fluid level and growth differences are what gave us teh TTTS and IUGR diagnosis and when Ella's fluid became too little is when they took mine at 27 weeks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I had basically the same issue.  This issue was discovered at 29w and I was closely monitored from there on out.  Baby A's fluid remained in the low normal range throughout the rest of the pregnancy but ultimately we chose to deliver a week earlier than my scheduled c/s in part because of the low fluid issue.  I delivered at 37w3d.

The best advice I can give you is to follow your doctor's recommendations closely - get plenty of rest and drink plenty of water.  Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecaitdana:
    Are your twins Mo/Di or Di/Di? Fluid level and growth differences are what gave us teh TTTS and IUGR diagnosis and when Ella's fluid became too little is when they took mine at 27 weeks.

They are Mo/Di. At their last growth scan they were only an ounce a part (29w5d) and fluid levels were great so I thought we were going to be in the clear.

• Options
    Mine are mono/di too and at 22 weeks baby B had about an 11 cm pocket and baby A had about 2 cm.  However there was almost a 20% growth difference between the two.  Since they both had visible bladders, we were told we had stage I TTTS.  Over the last couple weeks it has become normal though with no other signs of TTTS.  So now they don't think it is that at all.  We also were getting weekly scans up until last week when they admitted me.  It could be something they need to deliver early for, especially for low fluid.  I was told the high levels cause uterine distension and can trigger PTL though.  I sounds like they are keeping a close eye on it though.
  • Options
    Mine are di/di, but we have had fluid level issues since 13 weeks.  Baby B's largest pocket has been 1.4 cm since they noticed the low fluid at our NT scan.  Apparently, they believe baby B's placenta is not functioning properly and is not producing the correct amounts of fluid. There is a 20% growth difference between them.  We have weekly appointments so they can keep an eye on this.  They also started steroid injections to help their lungs develop faster since delivering them early is a possibility if her fluids drop or she isn't growing/thriving anymore.  It's good that they are keeping a close eye on you.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    jcathjcath member

I'm mono/di and at my 20 week anatomy scan they detected different fluid levels.  A is lower than B but the Dr said it's not technically "low" but they are worried anytime the levels are discordant.  So we're just watching.  My MFM said the later in the pregnancy this happens the less she's worried and if the babies are close in size she's less worried -so I hope that's reassuring.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had fluid level issues with my girls at 19 weeks.  My girls were mo/di and had a combo of TTTS and IUGR.  I had twice weekly u/s from 19 weeks until I delivered at 32 weeks.  The fluid levels evened out after an amniotic reduction, but the blood flow in her cord got worse and worse.

Make sure you are monitored very closely. TTTS can develop quickly so you want to stay on top of it! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"