Upstate NY Babies
Options

did your feet grow with pregnancy?

Before I had the kids my shoe size was an 8 or 81/2 now it's a 9 or 9 1/2.      My feet are huge. Anyone else?                     

Re: did your feet grow with pregnancy?

• Options
    My mom's grew half a size with each of her three kids.  She went from a 6 1/2 to an 8.  Mine grew a little less than half a size.  I can still wear some 6 1/2s but in certain styles I need to go up to a 7.  I think it has to do with the weight we carry while pregnant- it flattens the arches of our feet making them "bigger".
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

My feet started swelling in July, I had the baby late October, and my feet didn't go down until about December. I was an 8, now they seem to have settled at an 8 1/2. It took a little while to get down to that point though. Now I am thinking ahead to more babies, and if at all possible, I do not want to have that happen again!

image        image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    I had no problem fitting into 9's before I had Ian. After, I have to have a 9 1/2. There are some shoes I can't even wear anymore because they are so tight.
  • Options
    Yep, I was a 6, now I'm a 6 1/2.  I'm wondering if I'll go up more after this pregnancy.  I basically live in flip flops right now.
  • Options
    ugh yes...I was a solid 7 1/2 and now its an 8 or 81/2 depending on the shoe...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    So far I'm still an 8.  I'm curious to see if I swell this summer and if that will change my shoe size at all.
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    I still wear the same size, but they definitely got wider. I can wear all my shoes from pre-pregnancy, but they always feel tight in the width. I had to order wides for a wedding I was in last year. I could have worn the regular, but I'm so glad I ordered wide because they were actually comfy. I've tried on wide widths in normal shoes (at Payless) and they are too wide... so I'm kinda in-between.
  • Options
    Yeah - my feet have totally widened too. Since the summer of 08 I have worn flip flops or Ugg-type boots ...maybe "real" shoes 20 times, haha! The rest of the time I am in bare feet. In sneakers I am still a 7.5 - but in everything else I could be a 9. It just depends.
  • Options
    EJDIIIEJDIII member
    This exactly...most of the shoes I bought pre-pregnancy I can't wear anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"