Multiples
Options

Boy/Girl Twin Nursery Design -Can you share your wisdom?

I'm thinking of going very neutral creamy white or possibly a super light beige (the room doesn't get too much sunshine) but I'm having trouble finding bedding that is simple enough that I can just do it in pink and blue.  Can anyone share where they found their bedding and/or pics for some inspiration?!  TIA!

Re: Boy/Girl Twin Nursery Design -Can you share your wisdom?

• Options
    MrsLntMrsLnt member

My room is painted a pale yellow - color is SW "Paper Lantern".  It's got a beachy theme, and the bedding I use is the PBK Pique Scroll bedding.  DS' has light green accents on white and DD's is light pink on white.

PBK has a few sets like the pique scroll that's simple and available in boy and girl colors.  So does Restoration Hardware kids.   GL!  I had a really hard time finding bedding that was simple and understated and available in boy and girl colors. 

• Options

If you look in my pregnancy blog ( link in sig) I just did my twin girls nursery. It's pretty girlie, but it's also the neutral creamy beige you were describing (not pink everywhere), so maybe it can give you some inspiration?! I obviously have two sets of pink bedding, but I think if I had b/g twins it would have worked with 1 pink and 1 blue.

And before I knew I was having 2 girls, I found this bedding, that comes in pink and blue, that I just loved! 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Haven't decided on ours yet....

I like that Restoration Hardware has lots of bedding in both boy and girl colors....

Like this -

And -

This is a cute nursery from PBK website...

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have a very simple nursery.  My walls are beige, the bedding is pink/beige polka dots and blue/beige dots, with a bit of dark brown incorporated.  I didn't want to go too crazy with wall paintings and decals.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love the bedding from Restoration Hardware so we might get ours from there. Plus they have a multiples discount so check that out!
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The thing with bedding is that you just don't need it and it is overpriced for something you don't need (even if you did need it it is, IMO!).  Obviously bumpers are a suffocation hazard and you aren't supposed to have blankets in the crib either. Save the money for something else.  We just got breathable bumpers and pretty sheets and then coordinated the bedskirts. Saves a ton of money and you can accent the room with accessories or artwork.

I got these two bedskirts, from the "Womb with a view" collection:

https://www.landofnod.com/baby-crib-bedding/kids-bedding/1

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

my friend with b/g twins has a similar color scheme to yours and she did this bedding from RH -

https://bit.ly/iE1azA

It is the Flax Stripe, just in case the link doesn't work

ETA - they have a 15% multiples discount

• Options
    Thanks so much for the advice and great links ladies.  I didn't do bedding just DS, just nice sheets and a breathable bumper.  I was thinking of going the PBK route that Ikstor posted. Thanks again!
  • Options

Just get good sheets and focus on design elsewhere in the nursery like rugs, wall art, etc.  Bedding is cute, but it's expensive and not practical/safe.

Here are my blog posts on decorating (mostly the nursery).  I just bought a vintage chenille bedspread that I'll be making into window valances soon...

• Options

ours is a light beige/oatmeal color also & I did the alphabet bedding (just used the skirts, sheets & valances) from Migi and then I decorated with these alphabet cards that I found online in the same color scheme.  I liked the sort of soft neutral colors. We ended up moving DS out to his own room around 6 months or so, but I still like it for a girls' room... as she gets older I'll probably add more girly accents but it is fine for now!

ETA  I ordered bedding from RH kids in that silver sage color when I was pg (2 yrs ago) and was really unhappy with it, I sent it back. It didn't look like it did online and was not worth the $$$ IMO. Maybe it has changed tho!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"