Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Day Care...Thoughts

I am really concidering moving to Colorado to be closer to my mom so she can watch Payton the first couple of years of her life. My mom doesnt work and so she could be able to do it with out a problem.

I worry about putting an infant into daycare because of the simple fact that they can not tell if anything is going on. Not to mention day care for infants is extremely high.

What would you do? My father lives here in Texas but he ownes his own business and he wouldnt be able to watch her. Both Tony and I will need to work full time so we can have the life we want to live. I would love to be a stay at home mother but in these times we need two incomes.

Any suggestions of what I should do. Or if there is a GOOD day care that is resonable around here?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Day Care...Thoughts

• Options

I put my LO in daycare at 9 weeks.  They have cameras at the daycare where you can log on at any time to see what's going on.  I swear I was on all the time when we first started her.  She goes to Kids R Kids, and we have had a great experience there.  We love her teachers, and they love our little girl.

I checked out a ton of daycares, and some were cheaper, some were more expensive, but we liked this one the best. We didn't have the option to have a family member watch her, and we, like you, want the lifestyle for our child that two incomes give is. 

Do some research, we started with the states website and if the daycare had any type of violation or warning, we marked it off our list immediately and went from there.  Good luck!

• Options
    Thank you! I will be for sure to look at the states websites to make sure I dont take her any where that is dangerous. I have heard about the ones with the cameras. In your opinion do those cost a whole lot more or just about the same as the others.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you thought about having a private nanny? There are lots of stay at home moms who would be willing to care for child. I have been trying to do that since I had my daughter.
  • Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

Both of my kids go to Kids R Kids in Las Colinas.  Like the PP we love it and feel comfortable with the staff and web cams.  If you use an in home daycare I would suggest finding a registered or licensed provider with the state of Tx.  Use the website below.  I had a very scary experience with a SAHM that was not listed before I knew better.

https://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Care/Search_Texas_Child_Care/CCLNET/Source/CPA/ppSearchTXChildCare2.aspx

• Options

imageCandim1920:
    Thank you! I will be for sure to look at the states websites to make sure I dont take her any where that is dangerous. I have heard about the ones with the cameras. In your opinion do those cost a whole lot more or just about the same as the others.

I don't think so.  They were in the middle price wise (we pay $233 a week).  I agree with pp about using the website they posted to check people out.  I have a little sis from big brothers big sisters and her cousin was kidnapped by his nanny 12 years ago, and they have not seen him since.  Now I am sure this is just an isolated case, and most nannies would NEVER do that, but it scared the crap out of me.

• Options
    What Kids r Kids location do you use?  We toured the location on Main St in Frisco yesterday and were quoted $270 as their prices are going up!  We don't mind paying if the child care is really good but I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling.  I was so scared and sad and nervous I am finding it hard to really get a good feeling about anywhere!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"