May 2011 Moms
Options

Cloth Diapers! How many do I need? Help!!

Hi.. I have decided that I want to cloth diaper my LO once she gets a little bigger and doesn't go through so many diapers.  bumGenius has a deal where you buy 5 and get 1 free and I was wondering how many do you need?

Please help me cloth diaper mamas!

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011

Re: Cloth Diapers! How many do I need? Help!!

• Options
    I bought 18 BG's and it lasted me until I potty trained DD2 at age 1. She does still sleep in one at night, but we're using them for LO#3 if he or she ever decides to come. I did laundry every day at first, then every other day when DD2 got a little older. If you get 30 youll be set for sure. I lived in several apts that didnt have laundry facilities and we still managed to keep 18 diapers clean and on my baby full time. Its easier than most people think. I jsut hope you have a washing machine because its so much easier!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

15 would get us through 2.5 days once Jack was around 10lbs. 

We didn't have all BG but that is a good deal, the 3 extra would be a nice bonus. I would recommend getting a mix of snaps and velcro, they both have their merits (we use both, though I converted my snaps myself, I had them before they came in a snap version).

I might also consider getting 2 sets (aka 12) and then fill out the rest with a few other pocket brands. We like Blueberries and esp. Rumparooz (double gusset is my bestie!).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can only pass on some second-hand experience, but I am using g-diapers and have 18 cloth inserts, 6 outside covers. The mom who suggested this amount said it was good for laundry every other day. I don't know how it compares to bumGenius, as I think those are an all in one system, but it might work as reference. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Thanks everyone.  I think I will order 12 to start with and maybe get a different brand like some of you suggested if I would like more.  I can't wait to get them!

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • Options

It really depends on how often you want to do diaper laundry. I have a ton of diapers, just keep adding to my stash!ha

I would start with somewhere between 12-24, maybe you want to invest in an adjustable diaper so that they will grow with your baby and you won't need to buy any more in a new size.

No matter how many you have, you can always use disposables if you run out, at least you are saving by using as many cloth as you can. 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"