October 2011 Moms
Options

Bikinis...?

I've seen some maternity bikinis, and have thought about wearing a couple of mine that still fit. After telling my boyfriend that, he told his mom and she warned him that bikinis are somehow dangerous to the baby. That leaving my bump exposed would allow the UV rays to somehow damage the baby. I have read nothing even suggesting this. Anywhere. Is she just talking or should I hide my bump?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bikinis...?

• Options
    Confused  She's nuts.  Wear a bikini if you want to.  I will be!   Don't want to spend the money on something I don't need, if my suits still fit on me, I'm wearing them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagehappylady07:
    Confused  She's nuts.  Wear a bikini if you want to.  I will be!   Don't want to spend the money on something I don't need, if my suits still fit on me, I'm wearing them!

This. Exactly.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a bikini or having your belly exposed. As long as you are drinking lots of water while out in the sun....you and the baby are fine! Don't forget sunscreen though...you have to lather up more often! Enjoy your bikini!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageElsa1984:

imagehappylady07:

This. Exactly.

There is nothing wrong with wearing a bikini or having your belly exposed. As long as you are drinking lots of water while out in the sun....you and the baby are fine! Don't forget sunscreen though...you have to lather up more often! Enjoy your bikini!

Agreed. Your bikini won't be dangerous to the baby. 

Just a word of warning, though... pregnancy makes you burn easily, so remember to put lots of sunblock on your tummy and all over your body - and reapply regularly. Also, you'll probably dehydrate more easily, so drink lots of water. Bikinis and sun exposure, though... they won't hurt your baby, given that you use common sense.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

Boy, the stuff that some people come up with is just flat out odd. Your baby is fine! Rock that bikini! I lived in mine all weekend Cool and plan to for as long as I can

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Yay! :) I was hoping she was just nuts. Hooray for a bikini-filled summer! lol. Thanks guys! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dlast09dlast09 member

Wow that is probably one of the silliest things I have read on here.

Wear your bikini! I did today ;] 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with bikinis in themselves, but it IS very important to remember sun screen.  As a pregnant woman your skin is much more sensitive and you can burn more easily, as well as be affected by certain skin conditions that can lead to permanent skin discoloration (can't remember the name of the condition).  Getting a burn or rash on an already stretched out and itchy belly would be no fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"