October 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else.... (I don't wanna say it..) Lost weight?

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

I have a DR apt on Friday.. and I am dreading it.

My last opt I lost more weight and she started to flip on me (saying I am not eating etc.. But really I AM!).. I stood on the scale yesterday and lost another lb.. Seriously.. All I do is eat! 

Everyone (my family) tells me not to worry about it I?m not a skinny minnie by any means... but a total of 15lbs.. That is starting to bug me! 

Is this common? Or should I be worried? 

Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone else.... (I don't wanna say it..) Lost weight?

• Options

I lost a pound last appointment (12 vs. 16 weeks), but I've been eating better, walking more and not snacking so much.

15 pounds seems like a great weight gain for how far along you are. I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like you're doing a great job. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options

I was trying to tell my self that.. you are eating better.. and I am doing some WII Fit stuff.So I was hoping that was all the cause of my weight lost.

And my MIL tried to tell me I had some weight to lose anyways.. NICE! LOL
    Till Baby E Money Comes! BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've lost about 15 as well. The dr said it's fine as long as the baby's ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagedeline:
    I've lost about 15 as well. The dr said it's fine as long as the baby's ok.

Glad I am not the only one.. Now if only my Dr was nice. (She was actually not my Dr, just one of the 4 in the practice that they make you see.. Needless to say I will not be picking her!) 

• Options
    I've lost 10lbs since my 8 week appointment.  My doctor isn't concerned as long as the baby's growth is steady and consistent, which it is.  I've been eating as well, but smaller portioned meals.  I think my metabolism just finally got the kick start it needed thanks to pregnancy! 
    BFP #1 7/21/10; Dx EP 8/2/10 - lost right tube ~ Myomectomy to remove fibroids - 11/12/10 ~ BFP #2 - 2/8/11 (EDD - 10/21/11) ~ C-Section on 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first trimester I lost 15 pounds... Since then, I've only gained 4. So I've lost weight during my pregnancy. All I do is eat as well. I started out somewhat overweight, so my dr. isn't too worried about it. She said that I should only gain about 15 pounds during my pregnancy. Its different for every body type. As long as the LO is growing normally, I wouldn't worry.

My friend was somewhat overweight and she just had a 9lb baby... She only gained 7lbs her entire pregnancy because she had lost so much early on. Just keep an eye on it! Maybe pregnancy will help you lose weight! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! The baby was perfectly fine she said.. So I am going to try and relax now..
  • Options

I've been really sick, and therefore, losing weight. I was down about 15 lbs total at my last doctor's appointment. I had lost about 2 lbs since my previous visit. They sent me home with a bunch of free samples of Boost and Ensure (weight gain shakes). I can't believe it, my 90 year old grandmother drinks that stuff!

Since then, I've managed to turn things around a bit.. I'm feeling much better. But my doctor told me it's not unheard of, and my baby is doing quite well. As long as I'm not dehydrated (I was touch and go for a couple weeks in first tri), I'm doing ok.

Good luck to you!

I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16
  • Options
    imagecarlatron:

I've been really sick, and therefore, losing weight. I was down about 15 lbs total at my last doctor's appointment. I had lost about 2 lbs since my previous visit. They sent me home with a bunch of free samples of Boost and Ensure (weight gain shakes). I can't believe it, my 90 year old grandmother drinks that stuff!

Since then, I've managed to turn things around a bit.. I'm feeling much better. But my doctor told me it's not unheard of, and my baby is doing quite well. As long as I'm not dehydrated (I was touch and go for a couple weeks in first tri), I'm doing ok.

Good luck to you!

Thank you!! I hope your health stays up for you, and your lil buddle of joy better start being nice to mama! 

• Options

A friend of mine, having twins at the beginning of October, has been losing weight her whole pregnancy. About the same as you, 15 lbs so far. She was overweight before getting pregnant, so I think it is because she has changed her lifestyle (diet, exercise, etc) since becoming pregnant. And even though she is losing weight, it seems to be migrating from the rest of her to her pregnant belly :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been gaining a few pounds at each appointment.  At my last appointment (19 weeks), I think I was up to gaining 17 pounds overall.  I decided I would stop drinking sprite and juices and stick to water in stead.  (Before pregnancy, I always drank diet sodas... so I'm not used to getting calories from my drinks!)  What's strange is that I weighed myself this weekend, and my weight has stayed the same!!!!!!!  I was so excited!  No more sprite for me!! Big Smile
  • Options
    I am 19 weeks and I have not gained any weight at all, in fact I have lost 2 pounds. My dr asked my about my eating habits and when I told her I was eating all the time, she said it was probably just my metabolism changing. My dr is ok with my weight loss since I started out overweight and she told me she didn't want me to gain more than 15 or so pounds anyway.
  • Options
    Dont beat yourself up. My last 4wk appointment I lost 12lbs the doctor didnt say anything about it because I am over weight anyway. If your not normal weight your really want gain a whole ton anyway.
    \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options

I'm 18 weeks (a late Oct/early Nov due date) and when I told my OB I didn't think I was gaining weight she said, "Good, I don't want you to gain a lot of weight."  I have lost 6 lbs since the beginning, but eat healthy and feel great.  The baby also measures exactly right.

My OB also told me that weight gain or loss actually doesn't tell us much about if the baby is healthy or not.  That's why we have ultrasounds.  As long as you are eating healthy, feeling good, and the baby is developing well I wouldn't worry about it. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies!!!

I feel much better now! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"