November 2011 Moms
Options

AW: Best Baby Day Ever! (Update)

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!! 

Today is turning out to be awesome on the baby front! A month or so ago, we had to switch midwives, because the first one had something come up during the time I'm likely to give birth. No big deal, she suggested someone who ended up being a much better fit (and is training a doula-turned-midwife-in-training, 2 for the price of one!). The first midwife swayed us away from looking into insurance, saying most do not cover home birth and it was a PITA. We trusted her, because I have crappy student insurance. Well, we visit the new MW, and she said, first thing, she's pretty sure that she's worked with my insurance company before and her services are covered. In fact, she said in New Mexico it's healthcare discrimination to not cover homebirth and is against state law. 

I sit on my a$$ a while. I finally call my insurance company today, and it turns out that they DO cover MW/home birth services! Score number 1. Sweet! As soon as we get it processed, we should get some money back from the MW (that we paid previously). 

Then, we scheduled our a/s for tomorrow. I get a call from the sonographics place earlier. I call them to give them my insurance information, and the person on the other end says, "Oh, there's an opening today at 2:30. Would you like to come today instead?" Yes please! 

I'm really excited to do the a/s early, because it gives us a day to know without family breathing down out necks (should not have told them it was happening tomorrow!). It's just my husband, myself, and my Bump BFFs who know!  

Re: AW: Best Baby Day Ever! (Update)

• Options
    CranangCranang member

Awesome news!!!  An excellent baby day indeed!

Please make sure you post ASAP whether LO is a boy or girl!  Can't wait to hear!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What an awesome day!  So excited that your insurance covers it!!!  I can't wait to see a pic of your little boy later today Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejjswife08:
    What an awesome day!  So excited that your insurance covers it!!!  I can't wait to see a pic of your little boy later today Wink

Hilarious! You sound like my mom. All my family is saying boy on facebook, and she keeps popping on to people's walls and posts and says "...or girl." She's convinced the baby is a girl.  

• Options
    evanssjevanssj member
    What wonderful news! Can't wait to find out about your LO!
  • Options
    You ARE having the best baby day ever!  I can't wait to hear what you are having!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit My Twin Life 
  • Options

That is fantastic!! Congrats and can't wait to hear about how your appt went!! It's a BOY!!! :) GL and keep us posted!

• Options
    Yay!  I'm so glad you're getting what you want birthwise.  I haven't started fighting with my insurance about a birthing center yet.  That should be tons of fun.
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options

image*HoneydewChestnut*:
    Yay!  I'm so glad you're getting what you want birthwise.  I haven't started fighting with my insurance about a birthing center yet.  That should be tons of fun.

Make sure you talk to the birth center first. My MW has a woman that takes care of all the insurance bonkers for her, and she adds that 200 dollar fee to her total price that she bills to the insurance company (or we may pay out of pocket, I don't recall). I think insurance companies are more welcoming to MWs and birth centers these days, because it's so much cheaper than hospital births!  

• Options
    Congrats on the awesome day! I can't wait to hear what you are having!
  • Options

congrats! you are having an awesome baby related day :) good luck at your u/s and let us know!

btw- you've mentioned your crappy insurance before.. and i just now put two and two together that you're a teacher. (duh!) that really surprises me. my husband is a teacher and has seriously the best insurance a person could ask for. obviously, i know we're in different states but i wonder why yours covers so little?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagejseaton61:

btw- you've mentioned your crappy insurance before.. and i just now put two and two together that you're a teacher. (duh!) that really surprises me. my husband is a teacher and has seriously the best insurance a person could ask for. obviously, i know we're in different states but i wonder why yours covers so little?

I actually have graduate student insurance through the university right now. I took a year off of teaching to get my doctoral coursework done. Come August, I will have kick-butt insurance!  

• Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    how exciting! good luck!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Great news on all fronts! Congrats :-)
  • Options
    imagerachaelski:
    imagejseaton61:

I actually have graduate student insurance through the university right now. I took a year off of teaching to get my doctoral coursework done. Come August, I will have kick-butt insurance!  

gotcha! yea, state insurance for teachers where i live is awesome! $200 from start to finish to have this kiddo. and that's only because our insurance policy renews in july (middle of the pregnancy) and we have to meet our $200 deductible again. i consider myself beyond lucky to have such great insurance. i know a lot of people aren't so lucky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That's awesome! Congrats - can't wait to hear the sex!
  • Options
    Yayy what a day! That is great to find out about your insurance! And I can't wait to hear what LO is!! My guess is boy! :) 
  • Options
    julesjbjulesjb member
    Oh good luck!! We moved ours up by a week too and didn't tell our families either! I like the idea they won't know till we share!
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay! Let us know!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mushEmushE member
    Excellent news!  Excited to keep hearing about all you ladies finding out gender.  We just set our a/s, and my doctor won't do it until 20 weeks, so it's not until July 8. 
    DS: 11/11
    TTC #2 since March 2014. BFP in April 2014; MMC @8w. CP December 2014 @5w
  • Options
    Yay!  That's so exciting!  Enjoy your anatomy scan (and the fact that you will have a little more money in your pocket)!
  • Options
    YAY for boys!  That's awesome!  

Visit My Twin Life 
  • Options
    Congrats on your little boy!!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Boy!!! Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• Options
    Yeah!!!  Congrats!  So happy for you.  Good streak today!!  Play the lottery.  Ha ha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Yay!!!! a little boy!!!! how exciting!!!! Congratulations

• Options
    Yay a boy! Congrats!
  • Options
    Yay!!! Congrats!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards