February 2011 Moms
Options

4 mo wakeful

Suggestions on how to get LO to sleep? I do not know if it is his cold which he is still battling, teething, the 4 mo wakeful period, or a combination of the 3, but we have been getting up all the time with Ty. I decided to keep a record of it because it seemed like a lot. We got up 11 times with him...11 times!!!!! Now last week was fine because I was off work and could take naps with him during the day, but today I return to work a zombie. I cannot keep this up. Any ideas? How are you coping?
image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image

Re: 4 mo wakeful

• Options

Oh wow...11 times??!!!  Good lord girl, I'm so sorry!!  Sending you strong coffee vibes...

I don't think there's any magic way to make them sleep, but definitely check if there's something wrong that's consistently waking him.  Is his room too hot or too cold?  Is he wearing too many/too few clothes?  Can you try to introduce a lovey blanket that can comfort him when he wakes?  Feed him often if he's waking up, even if it's not his usual feeding time.  Do bicycle legs before putting him down so he's not waking up with gas.

If none of those help, I'd say it's a growth spurt, and luckily it'll pass soon on its own!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I sure hope so, he used to sleep from 8pm-3:30am and 4am to 7am. We are not doing anything differently, it just started to get worse as he got sick. I hope it is a growth spurt or something, but we cannot keep doing 11 times a night every night! 
    image     image

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh goodness, I am so sorry you are going through this! I don't have any other suggestions than the PP. I hope that he starts sleeping better soon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You mentioned he has a cold.  Have you tried, raising the head of the mattress, using a humidifier, saline nasal drops, and suctioning.  Congestion can definitely make sleeping more uncomfortable and difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"