January 2011 Moms
Options

just curious

Skroops- totally not trying to bust in on your QOTD

Even though our LOs are only around 4 months old, anything you already know you'd do differently next time around?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: just curious

• Options

As I was getting up for the FIFTH time to check LO last night, I thought to myself "I wish we had a co-sleeper so I didn't have to stand up to see him."

If I could do it again, I would definitely co-sleep instead of just having the crib in our room.

• Options
    imageamandabrown530:

Skroops- totally not trying to bust in on your QOTD

Even though our LOs are only around 4 months old, anything you already know you'd do differently next time around?

Haha. No worries. I'm just trying to get the board going by trying to post at least one thing every day. I WISH more people would start posting questions. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would get pro newborn pics taken. I remember I felt this way with Zoey too after the fact. I am just a very thrifty/frugal person and so I would have a hard time justifying spending the $. But when I see everyone else's pro newborn pics it makes me wish I had done them
  • Options

imageskroops:
    I would get pro newborn pics taken. I remember I felt this way with Zoey too after the fact. I am just a very thrifty/frugal person and so I would have a hard time justifying spending the $. But when I see everyone else's pro newborn pics it makes me wish I had done them

Same here. I wish I got some professional pictures done of LO. Especially the newborn but LO was born 3 days before Christmas so it was impossible to get anyone to come down during the holidays and then we had a huge cold freeze that came in. I'm even horribly slacking at doing the monthly photos. I just feel so horrible that I'm not doing what every new 1st time mom should be doing. 

(Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • Options

With the next one (if these is one), I will not BF. I'd consider renting a pump for a couple months so LO can get the antibodies they need, but other than that, no thanks. I tried and BF is just not right for me.

Not relating to DD, but the whole experience in general - I plan on handling visitors differently. People are welcome to come and see LO, but they may not stay at our house and they may not come more than 2 days at a time until LO is 2 months old. Oh, and NO cooking, take out only! The meals were nice, but the last thing I wanted to do was dishes. No one wants to clean the house and entertain people right after giving birth... life is hard enough with a newborn around.

And ditto the pro newborn pics. I declined at the hospital because I knew my sister was coming in a few weeks with her fancy camera. By the time she came, DD had awful sub derm. I didn't know you were supposed to do the pics within 10 days of birth until it was too late.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsLynn:

imageskroops:

Same here. I wish I got some professional pictures done of LO. Especially the newborn but LO was born 3 days before Christmas so it was impossible to get anyone to come down during the holidays and then we had a huge cold freeze that came in. I'm even horribly slacking at doing the monthly photos. I just feel so horrible that I'm not doing what every new 1st time mom should be doing. 

same here. hubby is a professional photographer so you'd THINK he would have done it, but no.... we tried at 3 weeks but he wouldn't sleep or anything so it didn't work out.

• Options

I could write a f*cking book, dude.  A lot of it surrounds her birth... like I'd actually have a bag packed.  And bring a camera.  And recognize that itching like that isn't normal and seek treatment sooner, so maybe she wouldn't have been a preemie on Christmas Stupid Eve, etc.  Lotssss of mommy guilt. lol.

But, on a more relateable note, I'd buy way more 'stuff' from jump.  I refused to get a swing or bouncy seat because kids typically like one or the other and BRU is a jerk about returns, but with all the forementioned sturm und drang we didn't get around to buying either.  We just got her doorway jumper in this week, got our rocking chair back last month... just lots of stuff like that.

• Options
    bethylabethyla member
    I would try to enjoy my pregnancy more.  It was hard for us to conceive and I had a miscarriage, so I was really paranoid the whole time.  I never really let myself get excited about being pregnant.  That's why I stayed a lurker for this long!
  • Options

I would have read a book on sleep sooner. Major crib FAIL yet again last night. Back in the RNP at 4am after a long, long, long, LONG night.

And unlike Broccoli...I will not buy so much stuff ahead of time. He doesn't really care for the swing, not interested in the Exersaucer, co-sleeper sits un-used (want it Amandabrown?? LOL) --- waste of $$. 

• Options
    mchupiemchupie member
    I think we'll also get a co-sleeper next time.  I'll probably try to wear baby more, too.  I think I'll have to in order to be able to get things done with a toddler running around!
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Options
    I will cd sooner. I will not buy so many freaking clothes. And I will put baby bed in our room.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsLynnyD:

I would have read a book on sleep sooner. Major crib FAIL yet again last night. Back in the RNP at 4am after a long, long, long, LONG night.

And unlike Broccoli...I will not buy so much stuff ahead of time. He doesn't really care for the swing, not interested in the Exersaucer, co-sleeper sits un-used (want it Amandabrown?? LOL) --- waste of $$. 

hahahah! 

• Options

imagebethyla:
    I would try to enjoy my pregnancy more.  It was hard for us to conceive and I had a miscarriage, so I was really paranoid the whole time.  I never really let myself get excited about being pregnant.  That's why I stayed a lurker for this long!

Ditto!! And I'd start pumping earlier to try and get my supply increased before I go back to work. Now I know that my supply will struggle, so pumping to keep up the freezer stash would definitely be a good idea! 

Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"