April 2011 Moms
Options

Tired mama...thoughts please!

So DD is typically a great sleeper during the day. No real "schedule" she would just sleep most of the day or really long naps. Then she would go to bed between 10-11 and only wake up once. I also BF and she has been a champ since the day she was born. She typically nurses 10-15 min on each breast. The past few days she's literally been up for 14-15 hours straight. The past 2 nights she went to bed at 2 am after being up ALL day and only slept for a couple hours. She's also showing no interest in BF. She will nurse for about 5-7 minutes on one breast and act pissed, but she's still going at least 3-4 hours between feedings and not acting more fussy. Think this is just a stage she is going through??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tired mama...thoughts please!

• Options
    Growth spurt? My LO stayed up and wouldn't sleep the night before she slept for 6 hours straight... maybe you are on the verge of her changing her eating/sleeping patterns.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagemisssurly:
    Growth spurt? My LO stayed up and wouldn't sleep the night before she slept for 6 hours straight... maybe you are on the verge of her changing her eating/sleeping patterns.

Hmm, I didn't think of that. I thought when they went through growth spurts that they ate a ton and slept a lot...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBabydust08:

imagemisssurly:

Hmm, I didn't think of that. I thought when they went through growth spurts that they ate a ton and slept a lot...

Not mine. He was a train wreck during his six week growth spurt. He was WIDE awake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member

DD fights the breast when i have a fast letdown if she hasnt eaten much for a while from it when she had been sleeping. maybe your LO is getting too much too fast and cant handle it?

DD was up every 2 hours last night for the first time ever - so im with you on the tired part of this!

imageimage
  • Options
    DD fought sleep for her growth spurt (more than normal- she's not a great sleeper) and then took the next day to recover and took two good naps.  Just hold out that there is a good nap day coming your way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"