Hawaii Babies
Options

Can I join?

Hi everyone! 

I don't know why it's taken me so long to discover this board. I've been on the bump for a while now & just discovered this board. LOL. Where is everyone from? I am on O'ahu...born & raised here. Dh & I just welcomed our 2nd daughter earlier this month. Hope everyone is having a good week! 

Re: Can I join?

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member
    Welcome! We love new members :) Most of us got married in Hawaii but don't live there. There are a few people that still live there though. I got married on the North Shore and live in Wisconsin now. My DD is 22 months and my son is 2 months. 
  • Options

Aloha! As MrsZiz wrote, about half of us were married in Hawaii and "met" on The Knot. Some of the girls here had destination weddings in other places, but came to the Hawaii Board in The Nest and then we all came over here once we started having babies. Then there are those who are lucky enough to call the islands home. So it's a mix of near, far and everywhere in between!

I hope you'll stick around, we love new members and this board is super fun and supportive.

I am from San Francisco and was married in Kauai in 2007. In 2008 we moved to Tulsa, OK and had our daughter in January 2010. We just found out we're expecting our second child and have an EDD of 01.17.12, so our kids will be almost exactly two years apart!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kkaupukkaupu member
    Congrats on baby #2! That's so exciting. I had a really really difficult pregnancy with DD#2 & told my husband almost everyday that I'm done having children. But once she was born, all those "no more babies" thoughts left my mind & I'm seriously thinking of having maybe one more. lol. I'm happy I found this born & look forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Options
    kkaupukkaupu member

imageMrsZiz:
    Welcome! We love new members :) Most of us got married in Hawaii but don't live there. There are a few people that still live there though. I got married on the North Shore and live in Wisconsin now. My DD is 22 months and my son is 2 months. 

Thanks for welcoming me! My husband & I also got married on the North Shore. I actually grew up on the North Shore of O'ahu. It's such a beautiful place, especially during the summer. =) 

• Options

Hi there! I'm from Hawaii (born and raised in Mililani until 10th grade, when we moved to Hilo - where my dad's parents lived).  I currently live in India but make it back to Hawaii at least once a year to visit family/friends. 

We had our first kiddo (a boy) in July of 2010. His 1st birthday is coming up soon *eek* :)

Welcome and look forward to hearing more from you!  -jen 

**a girl from Hawaii, living and driving in South India**

• Options
    lelekaylelekay member

Welcome!  We love new friends!  Stick out tongue

I was married on Maui almost two years ago, and have a DS, who is 10 months.  I love this board, as it has some of the most supportive, helpful, and fun people I know.  I look forward to hearing more from you!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome! 

I'm one of those who had a destination wedding elsewhere (Jamaica) and reunited with my DW knotties on the Hawaii Nest board.... then migrated here after DS was born in 2009. 

Feel free to join in on posts and the weekly checkins!!

• Options
    Hi and welcome! Congrats on baby #2. I was married in Hawiai and currently live in Kapolei:)  Nice to meet you:)
  • Options
    welcome and congrats! i was married at the moana Smile looking forward to getting to know you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    welcome! glad to have you here :)  i grew up in CA and we got married at the Kahala (back in 2005!!) and we just had our first daughter in Nov 2009.  we live in TX - though we wish we were lucky enough to live in Hawaii! :) looking fwd to getting to know you better...and congrats on your newest addition!
  • Options
    I'm late to the party, but congratulations and welcome to the board! I'm another HI destination bride...my husband and I got married on Oahu in 2008 (he's Australian, I'm from California, and Hawaii was halfway between the two Stick out tongue), and these days we're kept busy by our 13 month old twins.
  • Options
    Hi! I grew up North Shore of Oahu as well. I live on the Big Island now with my 9 year old daughter and my DH. We're expecting our next one in November.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"