1st Trimester

Crystal Light ok?

I think I saw someone post about this before, but is Crystal Light ok during pregnancy?  I don't think so, but I wanted to see what everyone else was saying!!
Sarah

Re: Crystal Light ok?

• Crystal light contains aspartame, so definitely something to avoid. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow I did not even think about that! I have so much of the stuff because I like it in my water...but yeah it probably is not too safe. Darn!!
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I also liked it in my water, so its been a bummer lately, putting lemon in the water helps a bit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In moderation Cyrstal light is perfectly fine.  I wouldn't drink it in every cup/bottle of water, but a couple a week or so would be fine.  I drink it probably about twice a month myself and I don't plan on stopping that!  I still drink coke occassionally too.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• They have whats called Crystal Light Pure now. There's no aspartame and its sweetened with sugar and truvia. It doesn't taste quite as good as the original to me but its better than plain water I guess when you need a sweeter drink.
  • Yes
    imageawillis13:
    Crystal light contains aspartame, so definitely something to avoid. 
  • imageawillis13:

Pretty sure I drank aspartame all through my pregnancy and my baby is happy, healthy, and sleeps through the night. There is that whole issue with her missing some toes, but we're fine :) Seriously though. Aspartame=okay.

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/artificialsweetner.htm 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for all the insight!!  Also, that's really good info about that Pure stuff - I have seen that, but haven't looked at the label!  Thanks!
    Sarah
  • Aspartame has been shown to decrease brain development in fetal animal tests. It is also linked to brain tumors. It's not worth the risk, IMO. You can get countrytime lemonade packets which have sugar and splenda or you can buy Koolaid and make it with splenda instead of sugar if you're looking for a lower calorie option.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doc said no artificial sweeteners. I am constantly dieting so I am okay with regular sugar while pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageawillis13:

You don't have to avoid it.

"According to the Food and Drug Administration(FDA), Aspartame is safe for use during pregnancy and lactation. It is recommended to limit consumption to a moderate level."

You should avoid Saccharin: (Sweet 'N Low) though.

From this site

https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/artificialsweetner.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"