Detroit Babies
Options

Henry ford macomb hospital

Does anyone use the henry ford health system? or the macomb hospital at 19 and garfield?  I was talking with my current gyn and they said they only offer one u/s at 20 weeks.  I always see ppl with numerous u/s though there pregnancy, is this normal for just one?

TIA

from other post I'm still looking into new gyn/ob but wanted to see what mine offers first.

Re: Henry ford macomb hospital

• Options
    It is totally normal to only get one u/s in a normal healthy pregnancy. I only had two u/s with DS. One was at 20 weeks and the other was the day they induced me to check my fluid levels. If you opt for the quad screen and other tests they do u/s with those as well. We didn't, so in essence we only had the one. Totally normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree - it's totally normal to only have one ultrasound. At my OB they do one @ 8 weeks and then again @ 20 weeks. I have many friends who only have one @ 20 weeks. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mel713Mel713 member
    Ok, I just thought since I always see ppl with all these different stages of u/s that it was something they do regularly.  Thanks
  • Options

Yes, it's perfectly normal to only have 1 u/s during a healthy pregnancy. I was only due for 1 at 20 weeks. Due to fluid issues, I had another at 28 weeks and then another at 37 weeks to check her size because I had gestational diabetes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to Dr. levin. He is the building next to Henry Ford Macomb. I got 2 ultrasounds. One dating the pregnancy and one at 20 minutes. I also got one at 32 weeks, but this was more because they thought something was wrong with the growth.
    DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Options
    I also see Dr Levin.  He did one at our first appointment to date as well.  I will have another done around 20 weeks and that will be it unless there is a need for more.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    My dr's office normally only does one at 20 weeks, but since I was recently diagnosed with gestational diabetes and was measuring ahead, they did another 2 days ago just to check baby's growth.  I will have another closer to my due date to check baby's size again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"