March 2011 Moms
Options

Tummy Time

So I know this sounds terrible, and I am a fantastic mother (I think), but I keep forgetting about tummy time.  He does lay on my chest at least an hour a day (total) and can lift and hold his head for quite a while, but even though I have started tummy time with my 11 week old... am I the only one not doing TT at least 30 minutes a day?

Re: Tummy Time

• Options

There are some days it doesn't happen. Does your LO dislike tummy time? Mine isn't always thrilled with it, so I try to do it after her morning feeding, when she is super happy. Also, it helps to have a set time when I do it because I don't forget.

LO doesn't make it 30 minutes in the morning. Throughout the day I let her surf on her boppy or lay on my tummy as much as possible. But if it's a fussy day, it sometimes doesn't happen because she has to be really happy to do it without screaming.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

She's better at Boppy time than tummy time. :) 

I also forget but like OP my DD does tummy time on my stomach and I also sit her up a lot. Her pedi said she has great neck control for a 2 month old so I'm not too worried.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm lucky if DD does actual tummy time a couple times a week. That being said she spends alot of time on my shoulder looking around. She had her 2 month well baby visit last week and the dr was really happy with how strong she is, so I'm not worried.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    LO hates tummy time so we mostly do it on my chest. He has great head control for an almost 3 month old so doing tummy time on your chest is better than nothing!
                                         my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    I'm lucky if we get 5 minutes of tummy time he hates it so much.  I've been using the plastic mirror that came with play mat to help keep him occupied when doing tummy time.  He loves looking in the mirror.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've done Tummy Time maybe 4 times in DD's whole life. She hates it. I talked to her pedi about it yesterday and he said it is kind of over-rated. I hold her ALL the time, so she really doesn't spend that much time on her back. She holds her head up very well, and it isn't flat. He said the only negative consequence is that she might not roll over as soon as she would with tummy time, but that isn't going to prevent her from getting into Harvard. :)
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    mrs.ptbmrs.ptb member

Tummy time! HA! 

From other mothers that make me not worry about it:

"After your first there is no such thing as tummy time"

"K spent the first 5 months of her life in that sling, I don't think she had one minute of tummy time. She was done being in the sling at 5 months and started crawling right away"

Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your replies!  Yes, he hates tummy time but loves to hold his head up so I guess all is good!
  • Options
    Yikes, 30 minutes a day?? I usually do tummy time on my chest for awhile after each feed, and sometimes on his tummy on the bed but that lasts maybe four minutes. I didn't realize that it needed to be that long! Whoops!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"