Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

boogie wipes- do they work?

i don't really understand boogie wipes. do you just wipe their nose with it and that's it? is it supposed to prevent or clear a stuffy nose? i've used them a few times and they have not helped my little guy's congestion so i'm wondering if I'm missing something. thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: boogie wipes- do they work?

• Options
    I got them as  a shower gift.........I have used them maybe twice.  They don't really do much of anything that a regular wipe wouldn't do. I think they are a little bit ridiculous, but my friend thought they had a funny name. :)
  • Options
    Marketing ploy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They are suposed to help congestion....but I can't say that they do. I can say that I got them as a gift and when my 2 year old, LO and me all had colds they were marvelous! They are soft and just the right amount of moist...and I totally used them on myself too! Usually my 2 yr old gets a raw nose from me constantly wiping...not with boogie wipes! I loved them....but alas I am too cheap to continue buying them.  :(
  • Options

imageemilydholmes1:
    Marketing ploy.

this is what i'm thinking. i got them in my christmas stocking so i'm glad i didn't pay for them. it'd be nice if they worked so i didn't have to wrestle my son to shoot him up with saline because boy is he onto me and he resists like crazy. darn it. thanks. 

• Options

Honestly I love them. 

They are like booger magnets. They pull the snot right of DS nose.

No they do not prevent colds, or get rid of them. Just like tissues don't get rid of colds.

I find that these are easier on the nose, DS does not fight me when I use these, but screams bloody murder if I use regular tissues..

The solution on the wipe is Saline so when he breathes in when wiping it helps keep the nose moist.

I swear by them! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imageArmyMomMom10:

Honestly I love them. 

They are like booger magnets. They pull the snot right of DS nose.

No they do not prevent colds, or get rid of them. Just like tissues don't get rid of colds.

I find that these are easier on the nose, DS does not fight me when I use these, but screams bloody murder if I use regular tissues..

The solution on the wipe is Saline so when he breathes in when wiping it helps keep the nose moist.

I swear by them! 

how do they pull snot out of your son's nose?? just by wiping? do you hold it there for a few seconds to get the boogies out? thanks. 

• Options
    DS has sensitive skin. While regular wipes are fine on his tush, they do irritate his face. The Boogie Wipes don't irritate his eczema or cause any other weird reactions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I like them for the diaper bag.  I think they do a better job of wiping the boogs away without streaking them all over DD's face.  They're not essential, but I like to have them on hand.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"