April 2011 Moms
Options

Does everyone have a pump?

I am a sahm and I breastfeed and supplement with formula (so he gets use to a bottle).

After talking to lots of friends, I feel like I'm the only person without a pump.  I'm not worried about storing up milk or my supply.  I think the only reason I want a pump is for relief when he sleeps long... BUT, then I'm telling my body to keep making milk and I'm not getting it used to the babies sleeping schedule.  Ya know? 

Just trying to figure out if I should go ahead a buy a little pump or if it really isn't worth it.  I made it through 6 months of breastfeeding my first baby without one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does everyone have a pump?

• Options
    If you're a SAHM, I don't think you need one. I bought one, but I'm going to be working full time and want to keep BF.
  • Options
    I don't have a pump, but I've been considering getting one. I hadn't planned to continue BF when I go back to work, but now that baby is here, I'm kind of seeing things differently..
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mella&TMella&T member
    I do since I am returning to work and want to bf at the very least for six months. I'd probably still get one even if I wasn't working. It'll be nice when DH can feed her bottles sometimes and we'll also be able to go out without baby here and there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KERJFKERJF member
    I am a SAHM for the time being and I pump here and there to start building supply just incase - and if I ever want DH to be able to feed her or we want a bottle for something if we are out.

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM and I have the Medela single pump. I'm on WIC and they gave it to me. I would love to own one of the nicer Medela double pumps but the only reason I use it is to help build my supply.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options

I have a double electric pump for going back to work and also to let DH feed LO sometimes.  LO slept for 6 hours straight over the last two nights so I had to pump in the morning to relieve the engorgement.  It was nice to add that to my (currently small) stash.  I'm not concerned about telling my body to make more milk because I want to build up a modest stash and I hope to BF for a year.

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    janjagjanjag member

I will go to work PT at 3mos, so I need a pump if I want to continue BM.  But I also would like to let DH give a bottle from time to time, so I can go do something away from baby, or get some extra sleep. 

Personally I do not love the pump, so I'm going to wait till 5 wks to start pumping a bottle every couple days. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am a SAHM and. Have one so I can go out for more than two hours without LO. It will be nice to be able to have a real dinner with my DH and not have to worry about sprinting home to catch DS before he's hungry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a SAHM and I have one. We've started having DH give LO a bottle every other night so I can get a little more sleep. Also, for example, I have a wedding to go to this weekend, so I'll need to pump and provide milk for the sitter to give DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I guess you have less of a need for a pump because your supplement with formula.

I have a Medela double electric. I chose that pump knowing I would return to work and would need to pump daily. With both babies I began pumping long before my return to work. I currently have a small stash. I won't be back at work until Sept, but I know I'll be able to be away from DD as soon as we introduce the bottle.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Maybe you could just get by with a manual pump.  That would give you a cheap opiton.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"