April 2011 Moms
Options

C-Section Recuperation... Bulging Stomach?

I've been feeling more pain lately from my c-section, although I'm almost done my recovery (6weeks). I just got out of the shower and noticed that my low stomach, just above the incision, is hard and kind of bulging out a bit. Of course it's Friday afternoon, so getting into a doctor isn't possible unless I do a walk-in clinic.

Any ideas what this might be or how serious it could be?

TIA.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: C-Section Recuperation... Bulging Stomach?

• Options
    Scout05Scout05 member
    Can you call your OB's after-hours number?
  • Options
    I don't have any idea what it could be, but I personally wouldn't wait to call someone. I'm 4 wks pp from a c-section and my incision doesn't hurt at all. The fact that yours is getting more painful as you recover is concerning. I would call your OB's after-hours number (if possible) or go into an urgent care clinic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My incision still hurts occasionally - usually after I over-exert myself or if LO has had some well placed kicks to that region during the day.  However, I haven't had the bulging/hardness.  I think I'd call someone...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm not relying on Dr. Google, but I noticed yesterday (only 2+ weeks pp) that I have a hard lump/ridge along a lot of my incision. That part seems to be normal from everything I'm reading, but if I were suddenly feeling more pain at 6 weeks I would call the after hours #.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    I went to the walk-in clinic and they said it's my uterus and that things are still moving/adjusting back into place and to continue with ibuprophen. I had no idea a c-section would be painful for so long... I've been so good with the "rules" and still feel like I have a ways to go. I don't think the 6 week mark is the pain free date for me!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"