Multiples
Options

I was called "dramatic" tonight bc...

my sis and I were talking on the phone and we started talking about the twins and one thing led to another I began to explain to her how I am blessed to have 2 healthy babies born with good weights nonetheless since all multiple pregnancies are HIGH RISK and we moms go through 8-9 months of sleepless nights in hope for the best for both babies and some of you 3 or 4 babies, and she tells me that its not high risk when they turn out fine and how she knows someone that carried twins to 40 weeks, how I carried mine to 36 weeks and thats not high risk LOL Yes, she is also older and "wiser" then me. i tried telling her the high risk part are all mutliple pregnancies rather they are carried full-term or premature its still a high risk you can lose 1 or both babies and that most spend weeks and/or months in NICU but i didnt even get to tell her that part bc all i kept hearing on the other line was whatever, whatever, and that I am so dramatic on telling her how risky multiple pregnancies are and how its not true. Just thought Id share with you guys bc if Im dramatic all of us are! LOL
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I was called "dramatic" tonight bc...

• Options
    There are higher risks when carrying multiples.  It's just a fact.  However, you are going to be wrong to her no matter what LOL.  I have the opposite with my big sister. She's more paranoid with my pregnancy than she was with hers!
    image image image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Risk = chance.....meaning, a "high risk pg" has a higher chance for complications than a singleton pg.  You're high risk until the moment your babies are born, even if they pop out healthy.  You're right, she's wrong Wink

This :)

Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How annoying. If it were me, I'd probably shove a few documents explaining the risks under her nose. I can't stand to be told I'm wrong when I'm not!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I recently had someone who I was beginning to consider a good friend decide the week I lost one of my twins during the current pregnancy go on a rant about "us twin mommies". She went on and on about how we think it's so much harder to be a mommy of two instead of one, and how she thinks in some ways it's easier because we "have a built in playmate." She made me so furious I was shaking during a time when I was devastated to begin with. She apologized later but she ruined our friendship none the less. BTW she was babysitting our other friends twins at the time ( and not happy about the other MOM's parenting style) and has always made it difficult for us to discuss being MOM's in front of her. People suck, and like PP's said sometimes you just can't be the one in the right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"